Did anyone read Blesk today?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by Polednikova, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

No, I'm sure that everyone here is far too educated to buy Blesk! :lol: But just in case anyone has it, turn to page 5, where Manželé Kingovi are friends of mine visiting from England and I was with them in Václavské náměstí when they were interviewed for the paper.

For everyone else's benefit, there is a tank in front of the Národní muzeum and a wonderful exhibition of photographs about the Soviet invasion on 21 August 1968, and the paper were asking tourists if they knew what it was all about. Predictably, most of them didn't although I'm pleased to say that my friends did.

2. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

Yay! That's great, they'll give tourists a good name :)

"All anyone wants to know is how to say "Beer please."" :(

3. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

That's funny, when we went to Mexico, I knew enough Spanish to get by, but my husband said the only thing he needed to know was "dos cerveza por favor" :roll: :)

4. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

I found the publication online, but I can't find this article.

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

When I was in Canary Islands with my friend, one of two sentences he knew was "Una cerveza por favor". Coincidence :wink:? (I cannot remember the second one, sorry).

6. Polednikova

It was a two-page spread with photos so it probably doesn't translate to the on-line version but here's a link to a previous photo of the tank being lifted into position by crane.

http://www.blesk.cz/clanek/97449/na-nar ... -tank.html

7. Irena M

Thank you!
    I don't need a translation, I can read it fine. I didn't know that the russian soldiers mistakenly took the museum for the presidential palace. You learn something new every day! :D

8. Polednikova

Not sure about that, it is Blesk after all! I always understood that the Soviet soldiers fired on the National Museum because they thought it was the Parliament building, which at the time was housed next door.

9. Irena M

Interesting online mag; that's for sure!
    I had to laugh about the ad for an American fruit gum. :lol:

10. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Well my husband needed two. You never know how long the server will be gone. :wink: No just kidding. His brother was traveling with us.

11. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

"Slavní homosexuálové"

It's written over a picture of Elton John and for a while I thought it said "Famous Homosexual"

12. MK

MK Well-Known Member

"Těžký život slavných homosexuálů" means Hard life of famous Homosexuals.

I also did not find this picture online :(