Holesovice & Bubenec History

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by Darren Napier, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Darren Napier

Darren Napier New Member

When visiting Prague I have always stayed in the Holesovice and Bubenec area. After spending alot of time in the area I now have the thirst for knowledge and would like to learn more about the areas history.

The best way I have concluded is to write a book on the history of Holesovice and Bubenec or at least attempt to. I am asking for the help of your readers to compile a book of memories, photos (old and new) stories and general historical facts that would build up a picture of the area of Holesovice and Bubenec. I hope to be in Prague November or December to carry out some research.

I pick up books about Prague hoping to see something about the area I stay in but they all seem to cover the Prague 1 and 2 areas.
    As a regular tourist to Prague I look at the city as a whole and not just the centre which most tourists do. I have had some great times in Holesovice and met some great people and would like to give something back to them as well as spreading the word to other tourists.

I hope your readers can help me. If anyone can help me and be part of this book then either e-mail myself on d.a.napier@talk21.com or write to me at Darren Napier, 34 Ellicks Close, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 0ES, England.

Darren Napier
    Bristol, England