Visa waivers to USA for Czech Republic and Slovakia!

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Sova, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this has made headlines in the Czech Republic yet, but Bush announced yesterday that visa waivers to the USA will be extended to citizens of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and 5 other countries (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Hungary and South Korea) starting one month from now. Although, given the current state of the USA, I'm not sure how many of you want to come anymore. Here's a link to the article on MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27243160/.

2. AxeZ

AxeZ Active Member

I've read that, but still, no matter how nice it is you still have to register prior to coming to the border on the web site and must have biometric passport. Not just machine readable, which are all passports nowadays but with RFID chip embedded in it.
    Still I find it grotesque that you have to visit certain government web site and enter your personal details in order to enter the country of the U.S.A.
    On the other hand americans just have to show up at the border without any prior registration.....

3. pedro1974

pedro1974 Well-Known Member

usa is the country of freedom...

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't know that. Apparently, it's a new law going into effect for new Visa Waiver participating countries in November, and for all others in Jan. Hmm... that's lame!