Truth about Czech republic

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by eso, Oct 30, 2008.

1. eso

eso Well-Known Member

2. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

How did I know she was going to be American before I watched it? What a very strange young lady. She ends with 'I should be doing this anonymously.' Too right she should have. I hope I never have the misfortune of meeting her.

3. Ceit

Ceit Well-Known Member

Hmm...except for the spiders, and the city being beautiful, she could easily have been talking about Madrid :roll:

Is anyone else reminded of the Blair Witch Project the first time she starts whining about the spiders?

4. kibicz

kibicz Well-Known Member

Realy good:) i like it, its like definition of "ROFL" abreviation :lol:

5. Petr_B

Petr_B Well-Known Member

That video is kinda funny. What is funnier (or maybe it's actually sad) is that some people think it should be taken seriously -- the clip is full of not-so-subtle hints it's a joke, so even the most humour-impaired people should get it.

I haven't seen Blair Witch movie so I don't know if it's any similar, but I wouldn't be surprised if the video was a parody/reference/tribute to something (narrating style etc.).

6. jen

jen Well-Known Member

I don't think she was joking - or at least, she took real issues and made them sound like jokes. Except for the "eating babies" part, I've read every single complaint in our "Do Czechs hate foreigners?" thread on expats.cz in one form or another....

7. Petr_B

Petr_B Well-Known Member

I don't visit that expats website so I wouldn't know, but maybe it's parody of those complaints?
    Some of the hints it's a joke (aside from exaggerating existing problems):
    - whole narration style, facial gestures of the girl and her acting, video cuts ...,
    - "they eat babies",
    - "everybody (waitress, shop assistant, ...) throws things at me",
    - the spider thing, not only the issue itself but how she randomly screams "spiders" between other complaints later in the clip.

8. jen

jen Well-Known Member

I think it's just her style - but I can assure you that the things she mentions are tagged regularly as "things that foreigners complain about when visiting Prague" - even the "waiters throwing things at me" (but not the babies - have no idea where she got that from). Trust me - I've been an admin on that site for over 7 years - I've heard it all :)

I never cease to find it interesting/entertaining how different people view the same city :)

9. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

Ah ha she's so funny. I'd throw things at her too.

10. Ahabseye

Ahabseye New Member

No wonder Americans are so hated across the globe.

She should go into any big city in America, and see, and smell the exact same things!!

Grrrrrrrr, man stupid people bring me down!!

11. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

I quite agree, Ahabseye, although I really don't know what part of Prague she was in because I rarely see any of the things she was talking about especially the spiders. I think she's just bonkers. :roll:

By the way, congratulations on using your first posting since joining in 2006 to make such a pertinent comment!

12. hoppo29

hoppo29 Member

Hi everyone,

I think she needs locking up in a padded cell!! I ve been to Praha a few times and I have not seen any of this. Maybe she was talking about America, maybe they have a Praha too!!!

cau!

13. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

Spiders?

I lived in Prague for 5 months and I don't think I saw a single spider during that time...

Weird.