Power Supplies in Czech republic

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by dlavall1, Nov 9, 2003.

1. dlavall1

dlavall1 New Member

Greetings,

Anyone know about wall outlets and power supplies in Czech Republic?

I am helping a friend (from the Czech Republic) to build a computer in the US. But because he will be returning to Czech Republic next year he will need it to work there as well. The power supply is switchable to 230 volts but will the following cord work in Czech Republic?

Please look at: http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/europeanpower.html

If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

David Lavallee

2. Jirka

Jirka Well-Known Member

Hi,

the power outlets are the same in the Czech Republic as in most of Europe, for example Germany. I don't know what this type of outlet/plug is referred to as, but it should be no big deal to switch to it.

Solution one: get a power cord that has the three-pole socket at its appliance end. Again, I don't know its name, but they're used with computers and computer peripherals everywhere and only the power oulet ends differ by the system in each particular region. I hope your machine uses that one too.

Solution two: get a Czech system power plug, cut off the US plug from the cord and install the Czech one in its place. This solution requires some electrotechnical knowledge, skills and tools (or just a smart person).

Good luck...

Jirka

3. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

The cord seems to be exactly the same as the one that I use.

As Jirka said, the power outlets are quite the same across continental Europe, so if this is "European universal", it should work here.

The voltage in CZ is 220 V, but devices designed to 230 V usually don't have any problem. My computers power source states "input voltage 220/230 V".

The frequency is 50 Hz.

4. dlavall1

dlavall1 New Member

Thank you Jirka and Halef for the fast response. Your information was very helpful.

Regards,

David Lavallee

5. Acheron

Acheron Active Member

the voltage is 230V with frequency 50Hz (i know because i work in energetics sector)