My Czech Republic Home
Search My Czech Republic

Community Message Boards Member Login
 Guidelines   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages  Profile  Search Forums  FAQ  Help  Chat Register for free!

NHL in Czech Republic
Go to page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dannae

PostPosted: 04-Apr-09 0:58  Reply with quote

Agree that Canadians love ice-hockey. Three weeks ago I hauled 2 big ice making machines to Ottawa (for the ice-hockey stadium) and I remember they unloaded them like they were "golden" Wink .
McCracken

PostPosted: 04-Apr-09 22:38  Reply with quote

From a business point of view, further expansion into Canada would seem a much better bet. THAT is where your hockey audience is - you only had to see the huge number of Canadian fans at the World Juniors in Pardubice last year to realise that.

I know that the NHL commissioner has spoken about European expansion but he has mentioned a 10 year timescale. Personally, I can't see it working and I don't think the US/Canadian sports' press are that convinced either.
Polednikova

PostPosted: 05-Apr-09 17:38  Reply with quote

I predict it won't happen, even if I could imagine the mechanism for it. As Glenn said, the ticket prices were horrendous - we didn't go to the two NHL games here on principle because of the price.

Apparently, the only people there were American ex-pats, a few people who had travelled over and the rest were corporate who had no interest in the result. Consequenly, the atmosphere was pretty poor...
Alzebta

PostPosted: 05-May-09 7:13  Reply with quote

you are right poled i also skipped due to the price. The price are rising day by day.
girdeaux10

PostPosted: 14-May-09 18:35  Reply with quote

Polednikova wrote:
I predict it won't happen, even if I could imagine the mechanism for it. As Glenn said, the ticket prices were horrendous - we didn't go to the two NHL games here on principle because of the price.

Apparently, the only people there were American ex-pats, a few people who had travelled over and the rest were corporate who had no interest in the result. Consequenly, the atmosphere was pretty poor...

The NHL games in London in 2007 were poor regarding atmosphere too and cost a fortune. Sorry, but I had more fun in the two games I went to see this past January than watching the NHL.

The O2 in Prague is simply fantastic as a hockey venue.
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: