American Accent Training

Povídejte si o všem českém česky! A jestli mluvíte anglicky, nezapomeňte zabrousit také do diskusí v angličtině.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, Dana

rsalc1

Postby rsalc1 » 09-Jun-09 1:32

Irena M wrote:I know the American english language well enough and I still have problems understanding people from the south.

Even Americans have trouble understanding some local accents. :roll:
There are some very heavy accents in parts of New England, Southern USA and Texas, for example.
freekarol

Postby freekarol » 24-Aug-09 13:42

Ann Cook(author of a book American Accent Training) just released a new book: American Accent Training:Grammar. I don't have it yet but it seems that this book could be great to improve English grammar. Have a look at this:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Accent-Training-Grammar-Audio/dp/0764196510
rsalc1

Postby rsalc1 » 24-Aug-09 15:02

That looks like a great book if you are trying to improve your English (grammar, listening and reading comprehension).
Does a similar book exist for learning Czech: a book that combines grammar, reading exercises and listening exercises (on CD of course)?
Pravý přítel přijde když všichni odejdou.
freekarol

Postby freekarol » 24-Aug-09 20:54

I will try to find a textbook for learning Czech that combines written and spoken Czech but I think there will be no such book. Because Czech is not an international language... But if I find such book I will let you know