Akuzativ Verbs..

Discussion in 'Grammar & Pronunciation' started by grrritsczech, Oct 18, 2009.

1. grrritsczech

grrritsczech Member

although i know the akuzativ case alright, i can't always remember which verbs ARE akuzativ.. vidět, mit .. those are some akuzativ verbs, but does anyone know where there is a list of akuzativ verbs? or could list them here?

-grr girl =D

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

3. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

There is a short one somewhere in Czech step by step if you have it.. and if you have 401 czech verbs you can look up verbs and it will tell you what cases and prepositions they go with.

4. grrritsczech

grrritsczech Member

no, i don't have it step by step... but i have some friends who do, so i can probably ask them to scan it for me.. and this book.. '401 czech verbs'.. do you think i can buy it in bookstores (in prague) or will i have to buy it online?

5. Ctyri koruny

They usually have it in any store in Prague that sells Czech for Foreigners books. I've even seen it in Brno. (Except for the Charles University Book shop of course)

6. grrritsczech

grrritsczech Member

thank you, thank you =D i bought it today, and it looks wonderful! it's nice to see all those conjugations in one place =D

7. Ctyri koruny

Yes it's a lovely book, it gets more and more useful as time goes on.. I seem to be okay with working out conjugation in my head (so far!), but the cases and the colloquial usage is invaluable. Also I use it all the time as a dictionary, because the Czech-English dictionaries are so often filled with mistakes and inexact translations.