books for Czech breads and pastries

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by Saintdennis, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Saintdennis

Saintdennis Member

I'm looking for how to bake Czech bread and pastries.Is any book published in the Czech Republic that I can buy??? Here in USA we have lot's of books on baking but non of them have any Czech recipes for the breads and pastries.

Saintdennis

2. Dannae

Dannae Well-Known Member

You want recipes in Czech or English?

3. Saintdennis

Saintdennis Member

I speak English,French,Czech and German.If you have the books in Czech
    or English that by very good.Or if you know publisher in Czech Republic that I can buy from.

Thank you for your help
    Saintdennis

4. Dannae

Dannae Well-Known Member

OK, I speak a few languages myself but this does not mean I have no preference.
    As for buying from CR - there is a problem in payment. Many online stores offer "cash on delivery" or "bank transfer" only and this is almost impossible (Czech post cannot send books to US and collect the money here and international bank transfer is very expensive - at least for me). No Paypal either yet :cry:

But I found this link http://www.kosmas.cz/kategorie/135/kucharky-a-napoje/ ... they accept credit cards.

For Christmas pastry, I have a simple 2-page word document which I can either paste here or email it to you. From my experience the recipes in boos never worked for me.

5. Saintdennis

Saintdennis Member

Thank you very much for yours help, but one question I like to ask:can I buy books how to make breads and pastries for professional chefs?? Yes, I will pay with credit card,I do not want that for free. I ate the bread at north part of Czechoslovakia that is called Liberec and bread was called Veirashkovy was very good,but I can find the recipe for it. I do not know if I write it right. What I'm looking for is the textbooks about Czech baking breads,rolls,pastries and cakes etc. all over Czech Republic.

Thank you for yours help

Saintdennis

6. Dannae

Dannae Well-Known Member

Saintdennis, you misunderstood me about the credit cards. I said that the payment might be a problem for you because credit card or PayPay are not very common for online stores over there.

As for bread etc., this might be a little problem. I am not that familiar with professional bakery but I know, that different regions have their own custom recipes and not sure if everything is in books. The best would probably be to go there and actually work in some regional bakeries, I think.

7. Saintdennis

Saintdennis Member

I'm thinking like when Communism was in Czehoslovakia I can send you Dollars and you go to Tuzex and exchange it for Bonny or I can send you American Express check.
    Now let's go to the books:I do not know how is it in the Czech Republic but here if we go to school to be Chef as my self that we have books how to bake:pastries,breads,cakes and etc.What I'm talk about is textbooks for professional Chefs, Cooks and Bakers.Because,I'm living in USA I do not have any publishers accsess what publish any text books for the Chefs
    who will cook in the restourants and hotels.

Thank you for yours help

Saintdennis