Is there American Pizza Shops in the Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by cfxs369, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Dannae

Dannae Well-Known Member

Glenn, I know that all of them are different; but for the respective cultures they mean pretty much the same. If an Argentine guy puts his beef on the grill, he makes parilla, the Texas guy makes barbecue and Czech makes it "na rozni" .

That is why I said that everything is relative.

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

You guys are making me hungry. No matter what way is the best, but good portion of meat is allways good way to load up. 8)

3. PGN

PGN Well-Known Member

As Dannae said, everything is relative :wink:

The absolute best bageutte that I have ever had was in the Central Africa Republic. It was only good for about 2 hours after it made it out of the oven before it turned into a brick and I doubt that it would sell anywhere else....but it was without a doubt the best.

4. Yerusalyim

Yerusalyim Well-Known Member

Can I be honest, going to Czech, or any other European Country, and then buying American food is a bit like going to a bordello and masturbating. Enjoy the local food and culture.

5. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll just eat foreign food until we need glasses :wink:

old joke:

Mother: "If you do that, you'll go blind!"
    Son: "Can't I just do it until I need glasses?"

6. PGN

PGN Well-Known Member

Visiting is one thing but when you are conducting an extended stay in any country you end up going to one of those countries version of American Fast Food. It's the same thought pattern that we use in the states; Chinese Restaurants and so on

You have gone to Burger King on base haven't you? :wink:

Maintain your flexibility, eventually you will have children. Chicken McNuggest will go down with them a lot easier then the best Restaurants in Paris......sad but true.

7. Yerusalyim

Yerusalyim Well-Known Member

I've raised one set of Children and I'm starting another set with my new wife. Yes, for extended stays what you say makes sense. An example of what you've mentioned: When I first arrived in Germany two years ago I took my two kids to Italy for a week. There we met my cousin, her husband, and their two teens and a friend. We're in Rome and all my cousin's son can think of is finding a McDonalds and getting some "American" food. Not that Rome is really known for the best Italian Cuisine, but it boggled my mind. Then again he'd already been in Europe a month conducting a language immersion class in France.

8. rebalias

rebalias New Member

Where can i order a heart shaped pizza? I want to get one for my girlfriend today, along with roses and a teddy bear. Is any big pizza companys making heart shaped pizzas? If not does anyone know where i can find a big heart shaped cookie cutter?

9. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

You may try to find some restaurant or pizza shop where you can speak directly with the guy who is making the pizza and for some generous tip make him do this.

10. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

This brings to mind when I took my kids (8 & 9 years old at the time) to Mexico for 11 days. As we left Mexico driving into TX, the kids yelled "Taco Bell!! Lets stop there and get some real mexican food." :lol: Real is definitely relative.

11. Dannae

Dannae Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: