The Real Czech Cuisne Restaurant with very Decent Prices

A place for gourmet (and not so gourmet) talk. Recipes, restaurants, and more.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, My Czech Republic

Yvan

The Real Czech Cuisne Restaurant with very Decent Prices

Postby Yvan » 14-Dec-09 19:51

I've read several very positive reviews about LOKAL - new Czech restaurant.
This review by Laura Baranik was originaly pusblished in Lidove noviny, 5.12.2009.

Now it's available in English at her food blog :
http://praguespoon.blogspot.com/2009/12/restaurant-review-lokal.html
The most importat reason for doing taiji is that when you finally reach the place where you understand what life is about, you'll have some health to enjoy it.
GlennInFlorida

Postby GlennInFlorida » 14-Dec-09 20:33

could not get to the blog (I am blocked here at work) but was able to translate the original review on the on-line newspaper.

Thanks for the heads-up, it sounds absolutely great and will be on my list for my next visit. I did notice, however, that the menu is not translated into any other languages - will have to brush up on my food vocabulary. :wink:
"Life is a banquet... and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame
Dannae

Postby Dannae » 15-Dec-09 5:30

Glenn, all the world should speak Czech - you did not know that ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What surprised me on the menu was that they offered "jablkova zemlovka s tvarohem" as a dessert - not sure about the English equivalent, but when I was growing up, it was always the main course (like fruit dumplings).
Wishing to find people with the same roots (e.g. Czech) or interested in learning Czech language.
GlennInFlorida

Postby GlennInFlorida » 15-Dec-09 14:37

maybe similar to an apple cobbler?
"Life is a banquet... and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame
TomKQT

Postby TomKQT » 15-Dec-09 15:42

Dannae wrote:Glenn, all the world should speak Czech - you did not know that ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What surprised me on the menu was that they offered "jablkova zemlovka s tvarohem" as a dessert - not sure about the English equivalent, but when I was growing up, it was always the main course (like fruit dumplings).

Yes, I also know it as a main course. But I think if you make a smaller portion, it can be a dessert with no problem :wink: