Czech guys...

Discussion in 'Culture' started by ShyOne, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ShyOne

ShyOne New Member

Hey I've got a Czech friend (who is a guy) who I really like. :oops: But what I was wondering is, how can you tell if a Czech guy likes you as more than a friend? It's hard to tell because I have found that generally, he isn't as expressive about his thoughts and emotions as say, Americans or Brits are. He's pretty hard to read.

What do you think? How can you tell if a conventional young Czech guy is interested in you?

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

That's a difficult question. Every person acts differently, what would apply to one, wouldn't apply to another one. Another factor would be how much shy the other person is.
    There isn't a universal way.
    Talk to him. Tell him what you think about him.
    You're gonna know where you stand and either be more than a friends or stay as a friends.

I, as a Czech guy, would appreciate if the other person told me straight what she thinks about me instead of somehow figuring it out.

3. Lorelai

Lorelai Member

I'm going to second gementricxs on this one. Czech guys feel that the responsibility to initiate dating lies on their shoulders, so I doubt that he would keep you guessing if he liked you. Look in his eyes, smile, and observe his reaction. If you don't receive an obvious positive response, you have your answer. You can also ask.

Czech men tend to be very protective of women, so if this man walks you to your car or home, if he always makes sure you are safe, this does not necessarily mean he is romantically interested. If you haven't been in the south in a while, you will not see the majority of American men demonstrate this level of concern for a woman they are not dating, so this protective behavior can be confusing. The week I spent with Czechs left me thinking, "And why did American women object to chivalry?"

My advice is, if he's not interested, enjoy the relationship for what it is. There is nothing wrong with just letting your guard down and soaking up the chivalry...