Looking for nice places in Letna - Prague

A place for gourmet (and not so gourmet) talk. Recipes, restaurants, and more.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, My Czech Republic

Torgut

Looking for nice places in Letna - Prague

Postby Torgut » 31-Jan-10 13:59

I moved to Letna (Prague) two months ago and so far I didn't find a place for a quiet afternoon, studying, working, preferably with wi-fi. I was used to kavarnas in Vinohrady like Medusa and Blatouch... that's the kind of atmosphere I'm looking for... cozy places with a soul. Any ideas for Letna?
plch

Postby plch » 02-Feb-10 16:49

what about the cajovna on the top of the water tower? I don't know if they I have wifi.
Torgut

Postby Torgut » 02-Feb-10 17:40

I never been there but what I think I know is that their opening time is extremely strict. Eventually some days they don't open at all. Perhaps I'm wrong though.
plch

Postby plch » 04-Feb-10 22:32

I found also this place (never been there but it's quite famous):

http://www.alchymista.cz/

here is also the website of the cajovna: http://www.dojo.cz/cajovna/rozvrh/index.html (if anyone is interested).

If you don't mind walking down (or taking a tramway) toward 'dolni letna', I know a few places next to Duchelskich hrdinu/Schnirchova.

I hope you find a good place!
>>I also miss the meduza, I used to live around the corner many many many moons ago.

cheers,
plch
Torgut

Postby Torgut » 05-Feb-10 1:00

Plch, I'm gonna try that place TODAY :-) Looks very nice. A wi-fi connection would be important, but anyway I can survive.
plch

Postby plch » 05-Feb-10 11:46

Let me know how it is :)

cheers,
plch
Torgut

Postby Torgut » 06-Feb-10 23:53

No wi-fi and no charm whatsoever. Of course this is subjective... but no doubts it's completely out of "Meduza style". Not cozy.
plch

Postby plch » 07-Feb-10 14:57

Torgut wrote:No wi-fi and no charm whatsoever. Of course this is subjective... but no doubts it's completely out of "Meduza style". Not cozy.

škoda :(

..I have to think of something else....

cheers,
plch