Wages in Czech

For expatriates living in the Czech Republic or those considering moving there.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, My Czech Republic, Jeff

Yerusalyim

Wages in Czech

Postby Yerusalyim » 25-Apr-10 1:14

My wife and I are thinking of moving to the Czech Republic when I retire from the US Army this summer. My wife is a Czech national from Ostrava. My retirement pay check from the military will be around 40,000 cK a month. We could live there on that alone. However, for my own mental well being I'll need a job. I'm in conversation with several schools about positions teaching English.

My question is this...when a firm offers a salary of 25,000 cK a month how much is deducted for taxes, insurance, etc?

I'm hoping to find a job there that will pay the bills...or close to it...so that I can simply bank my military pension and use it to travel and eventually buy a house in Czech.

Tell me what you know.
Sometimes "stupid" is not an insult, but a diagnosis.
Alexx

Postby Alexx » 25-Apr-10 8:49

I guess good teacher of any foreign language, especially native, should be appreciated and should find a job without difficulties.
I cesta může být cíl.
The journey is the goal.
wer

Postby wer » 26-Apr-10 18:24

Yerusalyim wrote:My question is this...when a firm offers a salary of 25,000 cK a month how much is deducted for taxes, insurance, etc?

A lot.

It is likely to be different after the May election, but you can check the current state using this salary calculator (translation by Google, not perfect but comprehensible).