IBM, Brno

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by Dimich, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Big girl

Big girl New Member

I know one employer which is more worser :D

2. holtsa

holtsa New Member

About benefits and salary for Wintel professional. IBM, Brno, answer here:

Approximate number is 15500 EUR per year but this is negotiable.
    Company benefits:
    -IBM Global Travel and Life insurance,
    -IBM stock purchase plan (5% discounted on the day of purchase),?
    -Medical Plan by MEDICOVER co-funded by IBM,
    -Additional 5 days of paid leave of absence available upon spending
    of statutory 4 weeks vacation,
    - Relocation assistance in the amount of 25.000 CZK paid according to
    effective Relocation Assistance Policy, relocation paid in 2 payments

In my opinion, salary level 15 500 EUR per year is too low, right now I get 70 000 EUR per year (gross).

Costs of living in Brno are almost as high as here in Scandinavia (accommodation, gas, cigarettes, cars, etc.).

I think that spending normal life in Brno, the gross salary should be at least 40 000 EUR per year.

3. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Fyi, average salary in CZ is almost four times lower than what you wrote. Most people have less than that.

As friends of mine are going often to Norway, Sweden and Helsinki, I seriously doubt about the first sentence as well.

4. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

70 000 EUR seems to be quite a handsome salary - 98 800 USD or 1 790 820 CZK

You could live quite comfortably here (USA) on that.

5. holtsa

holtsa New Member

Actually my gross salary 70 000 EUR per year is not so much in Scandinavia. And netto is only about 43 000 EUR per year.

This money does not help me so much, still my car is old, I live in a suburb, my flat is very small and I do not have a summer house...

I am looking for a new job because my employer has had a lot of layoffs during the past two years. I hope that I also could get a severange packet and create a new future in some other country.

My education is two vocational qualifications in information technology + some BSc studies (not graduaded). I have also some certificates (Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, F-Secure). My IT work experience is ten years.

I have sent a lot of job applications to UK, but no success.

So these opportunities in Brno interest me, I think that the current financial crisis will not slow down the IT area in Czech Rebublic.

But this salary level 15 500 EUR per year in Brno sounds terrible. I just calculated that rent (about 600 EUR per month) and car maintenance (about 600 EUR per month) will take this salary. I also have a child (lives with her mother) who needs money 300 - 400 EUR per month.

So I cannot believe that all employers in Brno pay so low salary to the IT professionals as IBM do.

What other IT companies do you have in Brno or Czech Republic? I think that they would pay more than 15 500 EUR per year.

6. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I think you can easily find lower rent that 600 EUR (16 000 Kč) and car maintenance 600 eur per month? What car do you have? :-O

7. holtsa

holtsa New Member

Oh, you mean that a typical apartment rent level is lower than 600 EUR per month in Brno?

I have checked that in a centrum area the rent (2 + kitchen) can be even 800 EUR per month. Or do I have wrong information?

What car do I have? What do you mean by that?

One example: new medium level car in Brno costs 20 000 EUR. You keep it three years. After this the car's price is 8000 EUR. So you have lost 12 000 EUR.

12 000 EUR/36 months is 333 EUR per month.

So every month you lose 333 EUR (capital lose) and care, insurance and petrol take about 267 EUR per month.

So this total amount is 600 EUR per month. Who is the boss? :)

8. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Well, you can lease the car.

9. dcrescence

dcrescence New Member

Hello everyone,

I need a little help... I have applied for a job at IBM but my application does not appear.
    I have done another application which is already referenced but not this one :
    Server Management Wintel / UNIX - French language (2nd level support) ITD-0255115, Tchèque (République).

I have tried several times (also received the autogenerated mail confirmation) but the application is still not referenced, so I cannot see the update status.

I have also sent my application through email (czdirect@cz.ibm.com) but I am sure it's not the right way to do it.

So if someone could give me some advice on how to apply for this job.

Thanks in advance.

10. dcrescence

dcrescence New Member

Problem solved. There was a bug with the ibm jobs website.

11. pedro1974

pedro1974 Well-Known Member

oh yes, and dont forget, a beer in brno it costs 100€!

12. yep3000

yep3000 New Member

Hi everybody,

I've been offered a position for IBM Brno (basic CSR 23000czk), I'm hesitating, I'm not planning to stay working for a long time for IBM but I would like to have some real information from someone working for IBM.

How are working conditions?

Salary is low I can deal with it but along with this low salary I don't want to be to much annoyed by IBM management. Are they quite cool and fair or is it an hell :D ???

thanks

13. dnatebrown

dnatebrown Active Member

With regard to rent prices, here are studio apartments for rent in the vicinity of Brno which you can use for a reference. Cheapest is 6500 CZK/month + utilities.

We have other apartments available throughout the city. Please see our post on IBM Brno.