Ostrava

For expatriates living in the Czech Republic or those considering moving there.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, My Czech Republic, Jeff

Yerusalyim

Ostrava

Postby Yerusalyim » 25-Apr-10 1:28

I'm considering moving to Ostrava with my Czech wife after I retire from the US military this summer. Anyone there now? I'll be looking for some English speaking acquantences when I'm there.
Sometimes "stupid" is not an insult, but a diagnosis.
Rommie

Postby Rommie » 07-May-10 20:42

Hello!

I've heard there might be some English Club of Ostrava meeting up every Wednesday, 8pm. They are in the Divadelni Klub just off Milíčova Street within the premises of Divadlo Jiřího Myrona.

Here's a map: http://www.firmy.cz/detail/401503-divadlo-jiriho-myrona-ostrava-moravska-ostrava.html

Truth is I don't know if this still works.

If you really move to Ostrava, I can advise you to contact The Foreign Nationals Integration Support Centre of Ostrava : http://www.integracnicentra.cz/PoskytovaneSluzby/ObecneInformace.aspx

The website is now being re-newed so there are some bugs. They generally offer services to ppl outside EU like legal counselling or language courses etc. all for free. :)
"There´s just one life. So go for it!"
Yerusalyim

Postby Yerusalyim » 09-May-10 5:45

Thanks
Sometimes "stupid" is not an insult, but a diagnosis.
hoppo29

Postby hoppo29 » 11-May-10 9:53

Hi,

I will eventually be moving there in about 5 years, I know of one englishman who lives in the nest village down from where i have brought some land. He is just north of Ostrava about 25 mins drive.

Regards

Mark