USA Wine

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2000.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I buy my USA wine in a 5 liter cardboard box, with a mylar liner. Boy, does it taste bad, but I can get a cheap buzz.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like to sit in the park with my wine bottle in a paper sack, and enjoy the sun and "Richard's Irish Rose".

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jeff, Do you have a favorite "Box" wine? What type store do you purchase it at?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jeff is a "Wine Snob", he does not buy wine in a box. He gets it in a gallon jug, with a screw cap. He's a real class act.

5. Wilson

Wilson Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lenka:
    Jeff is a "Wine Snob", he does not buy wine in a box. He gets it in a gallon jug, with a screw cap. He's a real class act.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this is a real small world isn't it ? ;-)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wilson, are you a boozer like the rest of us? Do you buy your wine in gallon jugs or in the box? Either way it's a cheap buzz.

7. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

I think Lenka is right. Does only buying $80 bottles of California Cabernet make me a wine snob? Age them 10-20 years and boy are they out of this world!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

>Age them 10-20 years and boy are
    > they out of this world.

I don't think I could wait that long. Jeff must be very patient. By the way, where has Jeff been, this it the first peep out of him for months.

Question for Jeff: How long do you age your "Thunderbird" wine?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jeff does not let the Thunderbird Wine age at all. Jeff sez "Down the hatch". This is one reason we do not hear from Jeff. Busy 'Wine Tasting'.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I opened a new box of 'Peter Vela' burgundy today. I don't think I could recommend this wine to Jeff. Very bitter, with a slight hint of old work socks.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is Jeff? He is quite the conversationalist. I think I could go for a guy like him.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't like his pencil thin mustache. That went out of style 60 years ago.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think he's cute with that mustache. I wish he was a little taller, 3 feet tall is quite short. I wounder if all that wine he drank as a small child stunted his growth?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This ain't no lonely hearts club, lets get back to wine.

Right Jeff?