My Czech Republic Home
Search My Czech Republic

Community Message Boards Member Login
 Guidelines   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages  Profile  Search Forums  FAQ  Help  Chat Register for free!

Visiting Prague and Pilzen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stepan

PostPosted: 08-Mar-12 0:42  Reply with quote

My wife and I are coming to Prague at the end of June for 9 days to visit with family and see Prague. My first trip since we escaped. We will be staying at the Clarion Congress Hotel Prague, Freyova 33, Metro B Vysocanska, Prague 9. I am so looking forward tothe trip.

There will be a side trip to Pilzen, Becov and Mrazov to meet with more family and see where I was born and lived before we escaped from Czechoslovakia.

I have two questions:

1. If you were a first time visitor to Prague and Pilzen,what would be MUST places to see?

2. What restaurants would you recommend for authentic Czech Food? I cook andthe results aver very close to what my mothermade, but I want to try Restaurant Czech food .

ALso, my father was a graduate of the Prague Conservatory of Music (circa 1924). I want to see if there are any papers about him in thier archives. If anyone has suggestions or connections at the conservatory, please let me know. I want to learn as much as possible about him.

ALSO, if anyone wants to meet for a beer or two, let me know. We will arrive in Prague on Wednesday,June 27 about 5 PM and leave on a 9:15 AM flight on Friday, July 6. We will travel to Pilzen on Monday July 2 and return to Prague on Tuesday, July 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Travel Tips & Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: