Where are all the people gone?

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by wissy, Aug 18, 2011.

1. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

This fantastic web site is losing it's loyal followers. No-one is posting anymore. What's going wrong? Where are the people going?

2. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

I have been wondering the same thing but I suspect it has something to do with Facebook - a lot of people using social media instead of message boards. I also think that, with the general downturn in economy, fewer people are planning trips so not so many questions about destinations.

But, anyway, hi to all of you - hoping for a trip there perhaps this fall or spring.

g

3. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

You may be right Glenn. It's hard to know what's behind this trend but it may be that people are spending more time on social network sites. Or have all the Czech Republic questions finally been answered? :) In any case, Jeff and I are around and we'd be happy to see the boards get more active again. The number of visitors to myczechrepublic.com has never been higher.

Wissy, thank you for your support and Glenn, we hope you make it to Prague again soon! Please let us know if you do!

Dana

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Well... it has something to do also with Scrimshaw :). Since he stopped posting his daily homeworks/essays, there is less topics to discuss.

I am not planning another trip to the US this nor next year either, just in case of some bargain deal to Vegas for shopping ... and yes, I miss roads and driving there, so at least couple of days to drive around Vegas... hm... mortgage is kind of complicating my plans :)

5. Wicker808

Wicker808 Well-Known Member

I'm still here!

6. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Hey all, I have wondered about this too. The boards are so silent, but I'm glad to hear, Jano, that the number of visitors to myczechrepublic is so high. That has got to be encouraging. Maybe tourism is slowing with the economy, I don't know, but at least Alexx is still out peregrinating.

7. phi11ip

phi11ip Well-Known Member

I'm still lurking :)

8. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Well, I am just about to go to east Asia, then one shorter trip to some place I am not willing to reveal yet... and then I am done for some time. Tickets for those two trips I bought some time ago, before I knew I will buy an apartment in Prague.

After this two trips, hence end of October, I will have to do something to improve my financial situation - like go to work and save some money as financial reserve. Looks like next year will be almost travel-free.

Well, I always knew this day would come, hopefully after some home improvements are done and some reserve is created... I will visit some new places again.

9. Petronela

Petronela Well-Known Member

I pop in about once a week. Not ready to give up yet :D
    btw.... hello everyone!

10. Rosebud

Rosebud Member

Just stopped by to see if there any new posts recently. I miss reading member comments :(

11. eso

eso Well-Known Member

THE WORLD HAS MOVED ON

12. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I was on this site. I see a lot of the same names, but not too many posts. :cry: Too bad.

13. uuspoiss

uuspoiss Well-Known Member

Hi guys, the last I remember from this forum is a memorable gettogether in December 2005. 10 years! I sincerely hope everyone has been doing well in the meantime. Also that I can take the time to sort though what's been discussed since then:)

14. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Henrik,

It's good to see you back here and I hope you are doing well. Dana and I are still around in Prague.

The most get togethers that were arranged through the boards happened in 2005 and 2006 and I remember the one in December 2005.

There has been a friendly and helpful community here with a good group of people over the years. I know that there are a lot of places on the web to post and spend some time. I do hope the community can grow and be active once again.

15. bibax

bibax Well-Known Member

Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.

16. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

In case anyone is still lurking here, we'd like to mention our new group on Facebook. Yes, that's where everyone seems to have gone a while back, and we followed suit. :) The group is public and anyone should be able to join freely. That said, we would love to see these message boards going again as well. Hope to see you there or here!