My Czech Republic Home
Search My Czech Republic

Community Message Boards Member Login
 Guidelines   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages  Profile  Search Forums  FAQ  Help  Chat Register for free!

Unresolved Book Translation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
texasstar5000

PostPosted: 18-Aug-17 8:41  Reply with quote

This is an unresolved issue from 2005.

My name is Shannon and I have in my possession a very unusual book . It is binded in green velvet with a large brass or gold engraving in the middle . The pages are gold lined ( like a bible ) . There is a total of twelve handwritten entries in this book - along with one inscription page and one drawing ( unknown if its pre-printed or hand drawn ) . These twelve entries are all dated and signed - most of the entries ( about 8 ) have the words " Kral Vinohrady " next to the date and year. I have discovered this is the abbreviated name for " Kralovske Vinohrady " - Meaning Royal Vinohrady ( or Vineyards) . I suspect this book may have some connection the the Vinohrady Theatre . These twelve entries are written between the years 1893 ( the first one ) and 1909 ( the last one) . I believe these entries are written in Czech . I do have scans of all the entries if anyone would be interested in seeing them and perhaps helping me to find out what they are . I would appreciate any help.

I have been told this is a very unique book in that it combines languages (Czech /Slovakian). There are different hand writings, all with the "tone" of condolences. As if the original owner was someone who suffered great loss .

I have been offered $8000 for this book, but I do worry that translations I have been given have been wrong . I'm looking for help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Miscellaneous (Czech-Related) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: