Add a photo to your profile

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by My Czech Republic, Feb 9, 2004.

1. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

If you are registered on these boards, you can add a photo to your profile to make your posts more personal. To do that, click on "Profile" on the top of this page, then scroll down to "Avatar control panel" and follow the directions.

2. strommuu

strommuu Member

How in the world do you get a .jpeg to be less than 6KB?? I've tried cropping, resizing, pixel reduction, color reduction, different formats, and prayer! Nothing seems to work.

The smallest size I can get to is about 22kb.

Any help?

dekuji vam,
    robert

3. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Robert,

It is possible to get an image smaller than 6KB by using image editing software. I created a help page at http://www.myczechrepublic.com/boards/help.html that has some basic information and lists a free software program for those who do not have their own image editing program. We need to have the images small, so they don't slow the loading of the pages.

In your image editing software, size your JPEG to no more than 80 x 80 pixels and keep selecting a higher amount of compression (e.g. a lower quality setting) until you get the file small enough. If you still can't get it, email your photo to...support@mcremail.com and we will size it for you.

Jeff
    My Czech Republic

4. yorktown

yorktown Member

5. uuspoiss

uuspoiss Well-Known Member

GIMP (www.gimp.org) is also a very good tool for image authoring and photo editing. It is available for free use and distribution for various operating systems (Unix/Linux, MacOS, Windows). The newer versions compare easily to Adobe Photoshop.

6. ArieA

ArieA Active Member

Greetings from Holland....!

Trying to make an avatar and I failed. Trying to use your link offered to make an avatar for me..... I failed again (or the link isn't active anymore)
    !
    Please advise how I can make an avatar of 6 Kb.

I've downloaded IranVieuw, however, I couldn't make things happening!

Rest me to say: I Love Czech People!

7. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Arie,

Your avatar is in the mail. Check you email and see what you think.

Welcome to the community!

Jeff

8. ArieA

ArieA Active Member

:D Thanks Jeff! You can see de result!

9. flying dude

flying dude New Member

go to the Photo Shop or Image Pro and reduce it to zero if you want