Books in Czech

Discussion in 'General Language' started by Gageman, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Gageman

Gageman New Member

Hello all! I am looking for help in obtaining books and novels/bestsellers in English translated into Czech. A dear friend of mine is a nanny and dosen't speak much English. I am looking for a translated version of "The Nanny Diaries" by Emma McLaughlin, and Nicola Kraus. I have a list of books that I have enjoyed and would love to be able to share them with her. Any help would be appreciated. Tomas.

2. Jana G

Jana G New Member

Hi Tomas,
    When I was looking for some Czech books, someone recommended these www.dobry-den.com OR www.literacypragensis.com. Some of the books you'll find there are english books translated into czech. Hope this helps.

Jana

3. Gageman

Gageman New Member

Hello Jana,
    Thank you for your help. Literacy Pragensis did have a few books on hand, however their selections on American/British bestsellers were limited to mostly Romance novels. I did however take a risk and ordered a couple of books for her. Tomas.

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Hi Tomas,
    Just send me the list of your favorites and I will see what I can do for you. Unfortunately, mailing from the CR takes about six weeks, so I hope you could wait as long as that.
    Jana - janademilt@yahoo.com