Lyric of the song (poem): Vylet', sokol, sivý pták

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by Tagarela, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Tagarela

Tagarela Well-Known Member

Ahoj,

I would like to know where I can find the lyric of a song called Vylet', sokol, sivý pták. I've listened to it on Lastfm on the voice of Iva Bittová. It seems to be actually a poem, since it's part of the album "Moravian folk poetry in songs".

Nashled.:

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

The motif is common from Aš to Snina. :twisted:
    The first one should be that one used by Janáček (and Bittová :wink:).

3. Tagarela

Ahoj,

Thank you, Wer!

But what or where is and Snina?

I guess that it's two extremes parts of Czech Land or at least Moravia ...

Mimochodem, ty jsi stejný Wer z další foru?

Nazdar

4. wer

wer Well-Known Member

You got it right! it’s only a little bigger scale as Aš and Snina are towns in the most western part of the Czech Republic and the most eastern part of Slovakia respectively. You know, Czechoslovakia was such a noodle.

Well, some days I get the feeling I answer to the same people on different fora. :wink:

5. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

You got it right! it’s only a little bigger scale as Aš and Snina are towns in the most western part of the Czech Republic and the most eastern part of Slovakia respectively. You know, Czechoslovakia was such a noodle.

Before the WW2 it was "od Aše po Jasinu", from Aš to Jasina 8)

6. Tagarela

Ahoj,

O, nice expression. Just for the records, in Brazil we say "from Oiapoque to Chuí" /OjaPOke/ /Šu-i/ "do Oiapoque ao Chuí" in Portuguese. The most Northern and most Southern part in Brazil...(or belivied so, some disagree).

And is this expression still "in vogue" or should I replace it to one only Czech or onyl Slovak? I mean, in case of nationalists (from one of the oountry) don't like to recall the image of a united Czechoslovakia?

Mm...and running into Czech language... is there a real difference between:
    vylet', let' and zalet' ? (Wer is already used to my prefixes verbs questions :roll: )

Děkuji vám moc ještě jednou!

Nazdar

7. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

I have not heard something similar about Czech Rep. only. It should be "Od Aše po Hrčavu" - "from Aš to Hrčava" 8)
    There is a difference:

"vyleť" suggests direction up and away, start, leave
    as "vyletět z hnízda", "vyletět vzhůru",
    "vyleť k mému milému" start on the way to my dear

"zaleť" suggests fly somewhere to a special place, manage
    as "zaleť k mému milému" make a stop at my dear

"leť" means just "fly"