Hra

Discussion in 'General Language' started by Ctyri koruny, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Ctyri koruny

Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

řeknejte něco o sobě, mužete lhát.

Dalši hráč musí řeknejte jestli je prava nebo ne, a proč. A pak musí řict taky neco o sobě.

Say something about yourself, you can lie.

The next player must say if it is true or not, and why, and then must say something about themselves as well.

Hra pro všechny úrovně!
    Game for all levels
    Correct any mistakes you see!

Budu začít.

Moje babička byla z česka.

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

To je pravdá. Bylá tam s tým navstavit.

Potkala jsem Nohavicu, když byl v Chicagu.

3. kibicz

kibicz Well-Known Member

4. dzurisova

I meant "She was there to visit with you"

5. kibicz

kibicz Well-Known Member

Byla tam s tebou na návštěvě (in "Ty" conditions)
    if i understand "with you" correctly.

6. Ctyri koruny

Nebyl pravda. Bohužel nemám žadny českou rodinu.

( Můžu řikat "rodina" jako mám tamhle? Nebo musím používat něco jako "Family members"? )

Děkuju moc za pomoc!
    Můžu něco zeptat?... Mám tady české klávesnice, a vím kde jsou ěščřžýáíé ale nevím jak děla velká písmena. Obvykle použivám "shift" ale to je: 234567890

Myslím že ano! A taky myslím že maš jeho potpis. :)

Dalši věta:
    Nesnášim hudbu Avrila Lavigne*, ale musím se učít protože použivame její pismeny v skolě na lekce angličtinu.

*an attempt at putting her name into genitive...
    I'm thinking i need a pronoun in the part of the sentence after ale... probably after -se- maybe something feminine and plural for the písmeny... but I don't know what case... accusative with učit?
    I also think její is feminine singular accusative possessive but I don't know the plural!

7. wer

wer Well-Known Member

The pronoun “žádný” is adjectival – i.e. shares the same declension with the adjective “český” (žádný český, žádného českého, žádná česká, žádné české, žádnou českou…).

Yes, you can use it. But “žádné české příbuzné” (= no Czech relatives) would be better.

Basically, there are two ways to type accented characters, you can either use a special key for the character or use a composing key.

The special keys are available only for the frequent characters, so there is no key for “ň” for instance. The accented capital letters are not avaible normally, but you can type them with Caps Lock on.

The other way, with the composing key, is universal. For every accent there is a composing key which, when used prior the key for a character, adds the appropriate accent to the character. So

the composing key for ´ followed by e gives é
    the composing key for ´ followed by shift+e gives É
    the composing key for ˇ followed by e gives ě
    the composing key for ˇ followed by shift+e gives Ě
    the composing key for ° followed by u gives ů
    the composing key for ¨ followed by o gives ö
    etc

In Czech, you basically needs only the composing key for ´ and ˇ.
    The composing key for ´ is left to the Backspace (=/+ on US keyboard), the same key with shift works as the composing key for ˇ.

(Shift + the key under Esc works as composing key for °, "" / "|" on US keyboard is the key for ¨.)

To make it a little more visual, you can give a try to the Google Virtual Keyboard. It should work with any browser with Javascript enabled.
    Just make a bookmark and put into its address this code:
    Code:
    javascript:function VKLoaded() {var x=document.getElementsByTagName("TEXTAREA"); for (i in x) {if (x[i].id == "") {x[i].id = "txtarea"}}; var kbd = new google.elements.keyboard.Keyboard([google.elements.keyboard.LayoutCode.CZECH],x);} function loadVK() {google.load("elements", "1", {packages: "keyboard", "callback" : VKLoaded});} function initLoader() {var script = document.createElement("script"); script.src = "http://www.google.com/jsapi?callback=loadVK"; script.type = "text/javascript"; document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(script);} initLoader();
    Whenever you need Czech keyboard in your browser click on the bookmark. It should load a Czech keyboard by Google and assign it to the physical keyboard and every text area on the current page.

podpis = pod + pis
    undersign = under + sign

We don’t decline such weird names.
    And no feminine genitive ends in “-a”.

I fixed it by using “songs” instead of “music” and pronouns in the subordinate clauses. Písmena means letters/characters. Use either “píseň/písnička” for “songs” or “slova” for “lyrics”.

Traditionally dative, but accusative became acceptable and common in modern Czech.

“Její” declines like soft adjectives (model “jarní”).

8. dzurisova

Neni pravda. :-(

Neni pravda protože nemusíš. Mužeš použivat někdo jiny, někdo se ti libi.

Dalši věta:
    Navštívila jsem třikrat Česká republika.

9. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Čtyři......Napsala jsi....
    Můžu něco zeptat?... Mám tady české klávesnice, a vím kde jsou ěščřžýáíé ale nevím jak děla velká písmena. Obvykle použivám "shift" ale to je: 234567890

Use capital lock......ěšč....ĚŠČ

Jsem tulákem. Vyskákám na vlaky, když mě mijeme, protože němám dost,
    abych koupil listek.

10. Ctyri koruny

Bohužel je pravda. Můj nazor nevadi; gramatik a slovy jsou duležitejši.

Myslím že jseš tady každy rok!

Thanks for all the advice! I don't need a virtual keyboard though I have an actual keyboard. ĚŠČŘŽŽÝÝ aha... thank you!

A dekuju za pomoc s vetou.

11. Ctyri koruny

Myslím že to byl pravda. Jedno nebo dvakrát... ale ted jseš bohatý buisnessman s vlastním firmem a museš koupit celý vlak nebo letadlo.

12. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Jsem bohatý? No, Mám tu myšlenku rád.
    Ale máš pravdu. Už nevyskákám na vlaky. :D
    Sedím v něj na pohodolné židle.
    Mám dost, abych žil přijemné, a to je dost.
    Život tuláku ale není špatný život.

13. Ctyri koruny

I hate conditionals in every language, whenever I try to use them my mind freezes up.. so here's my next sentence. I feel sorry for my poor teacher who has to sit for five minutes while i drag out the answer to "What colour would you be?"

kdybych nebyla učitelka byla bych kvetinářka.