Canadian Visas for Czech citizens reimposed

If your post does not fit into any of the forums above, this is where it should go.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, Dana, My Czech Republic

Petronela

Postby Petronela » 06-Apr-10 12:10

I understand what you’re saying and I sympathize, however I still don’t see it coming to enforcing visa’s on Canadian tourist. It just doesn’t seem to make any political or business sense.
Alexx

Postby Alexx » 06-Apr-10 22:45

Sure. I am not a fan of "a tooth for a tooth" strategy.
Alexx

Postby Alexx » 02-Jun-10 11:28

Alexx wrote:Sure. I am not a fan of "a tooth for a tooth" strategy.

I have to kind of disagree with you Alexx :-)

I am angry! Very angry! Five months ago, when I booked tickets from London to LA via Toronto, nice voice from canadian embassy assured me, that transit visa is valid for 48 hours, and I can freely leave the airport for the city. So fine, I booked my ticket so I have plenty of time to visit Toronto, or rent a car and visit Niagara Falls.

Now, when I start to apply for tranzit visa, they gave me information I cannot leave the airport with transit visa. What am I gonna do 9 hours in the great and marvelous Lester B Pearson International Airport??? Tourist visa for one entry is 55€, which I am not gonna pay for 6 hours! Never! Ever!

Go * yourself Canada!

Should I download Terminal movie somewhere and watch it on my laptop again and again during my stay there? $%&#@!

_________
*) think of
Last edited by Alexx on 12-Aug-10 7:50, edited 3 times in total.
Alexx

Postby Alexx » 12-Aug-10 7:49

Well, I feel I should add some information about progres in my case. Now my time in Toronto changed to 15 hours due to Air Canada schedule rearrangement.

However, I have information from embassy in Vienna, that I can leave the airport for downtown, I just need to present my onward ticket for USA with my passport and valid visa. Why is the information from Prague embassy on contrary?

I asked at http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca, so wonder what they will say. I guess they are above all the embassies.

I need to know if I should book a hotel in downtown Toronto, or rather put my sleeping bag to my hand luggage and find some comfy warm bench in the terminal.
I cesta může být cíl.
The journey is the goal.