Artist Vincent Plesnivy and Anna Cajka family...

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by Rosemary544, May 1, 2010.

1. Rosemary544

Rosemary544 Member

I would like to know anyone who is related to this family in Praha and surounding area.This is my mothers father and mother. My great grandparents. I have some prints of his paintings but would like to see more. I live in Alberta, Canada. My fathers name was Joseph Novotny and his parents were Ignas and Apollena Novotny. I would like to know anyone from that family too. Thank you.

2. stepan

stepan Well-Known Member

My half sister in Praha was married to a Novotny - since deceased. Not sure if this is the same Novotny family you are looking for. I will e-mail your post to my niece (my sister's daughter) and see if there is a relationship to you.

3. stepan

stepan Well-Known Member

Here is my niece's response to my inquiry of the Novotny name:

The name Novotny is one of the very used and extensive. My Grandfather Josef Novotny was from Horice- Chlum, his brother Frantisek died in the 1st World War ( 1916 ?). His father had a sister, but she wasn't Novotny then (married). Some distance relations lived in Hradec Kralove. I think, we are not relation with those people from Canada

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

9.V.2007 census: 24 233 males with surname "Novotný". 3rd most "popular", similar to english "Newman"