My Czech Republic Home
Search My Czech Republic

Community Message Boards Member Login
 Guidelines   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages  Profile  Search Forums  FAQ  Help  Chat Register for free!

Where to eat and how much to pay
Go to page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexx

PostPosted: 29-Jul-10 5:21  Reply with quote

Hi Glenn, hurry up, as I am leaving September 4th in the morning... maybe we will meet at Heathrow Very Happy
Petronela

PostPosted: 29-Jul-10 14:00  Reply with quote

Tagarela, for the times you don’t really feel like dealing with sit-down restaurants, grocery store deli and bakery sections are options too.
Fresh bakery pastries go great with morning coffee and assortment of cold salads in deli sections make awesome quick snack/light meal.
scrimshaw

PostPosted: 31-Jul-10 21:20  Reply with quote

Lucky Glenn making another trip to Prague. What's up with that?
Tagarela

PostPosted: 01-Aug-10 3:13  Reply with quote

Petronela wrote:
Tagarela, for the times you don’t really feel like dealing with sit-down restaurants, grocery store deli and bakery sections are options too.
Fresh bakery pastries go great with morning coffee and assortment of cold salads in deli sections make awesome quick snack/light meal.

If it is not too much to ask, could you suggest me some names? =D

It's tomorrow!!! Smile

In a fortnight from now I'll post my feedback on everything I have asked here, I promise =)
Petronela

PostPosted: 01-Aug-10 15:07  Reply with quote

Its been about 8 years since I've been to Praha itself, so store names escape me. My trips are almost always centered around Moravia. Sorry. Maybe some of the locals could fill in.
But from what I remember the small “potraviny” and “pekarny” stores were everywhere and then of course there are large supermarkets too. As for pastries themselves, look for kolače or buchty, filled with jam or sweetened farmers cheese or poppy seeds.
From cold salads my favorite has always been “vlašský salat”, it's a mayonnaise based salad with some lunch meat chopped in it and some vegetables and maybe a potatoes (never tried to make it so no clue of ingredient) eat it with fresh bun (rohlik). Absolutely not healthy but absolutely delicious.
Have a great trip and don't be afraid to explore “off the beaten path” that's where usually the most fun is.
stepan

PostPosted: 31-Jan-11 1:47  Reply with quote

vlašský salat - my mother use to make it and I make it every so often - especially in the summer.

She used 1 cup diced ham, 1 cup diced carrots, 1 cup peas. Mix it together with mayonaise (she made her own home made). Put a little lemon juice into it. Serve it with a wedge of lemon for more flavor and good rye bread or a "slany rohlik". YUM YUM....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Travel Tips & Advice All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: