Jakoubeks of Trebenice or Vrba of Beroun

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by vrba, Dec 21, 2011.

1. vrba

vrba Member

I will be in Prague next June-July 2012 for the Sokol Slet and had hoped to do a little genealogy research in my grandmother's home town of Trebenice in Moravia CZ.

Looking for information about roads/highways to take to get there. How long it would take from Mala Strna Prague. Anyone who is living there or has lived there that can help with informtion about the town would be most appreciated. Any information about families Jakoubek or Cmelka who might still be in Trebenice or surrounding area.

My grandmother's name was Anna Jakoubek. Her father was John Jakoubek and mother was Barbara Chmelka Jakoubek(ova)'. Anna left what was then Austria in September of 1907 at the age of 19 for the United States. She married my grandfather, Josef Vrba (Joseph Verba) in Omaha Nebraska, USA in 1913. I don't know much more about her life in Moravia except she had at least one brother who came to the U.S. earlier. I believe he returned to what is now CZ.

My grandfather was from Beroun. There might be a connection between Josef Grunt or Joseph Kavalec. I also hope to visit Beroun when I am in Prague. I am grateful for any information that might help my search.