The Czech Republis is becoming such a popular tourist destination (because it is SO beutiful and VERY inexpensive) that it is difficult not to find yourself surrounded by hoardes of tourists. But not to worry Prague is so worth the trip, you may not mind! But check out some other great places, accessible by inexoensive train or bus rides, or even a day trip from most local tourist companies: 1) Cesky Krumlov - beautiful historical town with an amazing castle
2) Karlovy Vary - spa town that Mozart frequented
3) Kutna Hora - old gothic town that was big in the 14th century - one notable site is a church where there were too many bones to bury during the plague, so a blind monk made decorations out of it (creepy but cool!)
4) Marianske Lazne - another cool spa town
5) Loal Castles - Krivoklat, Loket, Hluboka
6) Cesky Budejovice - Where they make the REAL budweiser beer (tastes much better too!)
MANY, MANY others!
If you can rent a car, grab a book about castles and drive arouns southern bohemia - you won't be disappointed!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum