Nice Resturant

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by PatK100, Jul 14, 2004.

1. PatK100

PatK100 Active Member

Hi Guys,

Well the time has finally arrived, I am of to Prague tomorrow to see this wonderful city.

Wondered if any can recommend a really nice restuarant near the hotel I am staying at which is located at Na Morani 15.

Many thanks

Pat

2. Rikitan

Rikitan Member

Hi Pat,

first of all look at this map.

Your hotel is situated in the centre, so you will have a wide choice of good restaurants :) I think it is sufficient just to go in the street and look around :) Many many restaurants ! But do not forget to visit "Novoměstský pivovar" ( http://www.npivovar.cz/index.php?page=en ) and enjoy the local special beer :)

3. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Try 'Lod Luznice' right under the Palackeho most (bridge) where the steamboats dock. Fish specialties and good view of the river.

4. rentech

rentech New Member

Stopping in this area next week. Thanks for the map details. Looks like there are many restaurants to try. I may have to delay my New Year resolution to eat less and get fit until after I return :p

5. czechchris

czechchris Well-Known Member

One of our favourite restaurants is on Seifertova, (take the #9 tram from Wenceslas Square 3 stops to Husinecka (the stop after Hlavni Nadrazi). When you get off walk up the hill about 20metres on the left-hand-side of the road and you come to Restaurace Sklep.

The food has never disappointed us, and it is reasonably priced. Always a place we recommend, since we found it on our first visit to Prague. We stayed in a small hotel nearby (Bily Lev).

6. czhuron

czhuron Member

Yeah Novomestsky Pivovar is very nice and good restaurant.....

7. czechchris

czechchris Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried U Ampezónů on Konviktská 12?

There is a restaurant next door to a pub, the restaurant seems to be a small, quiet place.

8. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

The first is definitely not an easy resolution to keep while in the Czech Republic. The second, well ..., at least you'll probably get in a lot of walking.