Charles university in prague

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by filthydani, Aug 30, 2004.

1. filthydani

filthydani New Member

i dont know if the is the right place to post this but anyway..

Im from kuwait and im being forced to study in that unversity, i wonder if anyone from there that can answer some of my questions...

most of my questions r about enteraiemnt, is it possible in this university to get my own DSL, TV, satellite, and stuff like that, cuz i used to live with those thing for so long and im wonderin if ill be able to get em easily or not

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

TV, computer, hifi etc should be no problem. The satellite - if your room has a balcony, you will probably be able to fix the antenna to the railing. And forget DSL, universities usually have much faster internet connection (don't know exactly about CUNI, however).

If you want to buy those things here - again no problemo, there are plenty of electronics shops.

3. Karel

Karel Well-Known Member

Hi Dani,

Why and who are you being forced by to study in the CR?

I was just thinking that if you are accustomed to surfing the net at 500Mbps in Kuwait, there`s bound to come a disappointment in the CR. I think even 100Mbps would be beyond the limit to have. So, what is your internet speed there?

Good luck!

Karel

4. filthydani

filthydani New Member

thanks for ur replays..

think im going to live in my own apartment, cuz i dont like to live where the kitchen and bathroom r shared to another people, dosent make me feel comfortable... in Kuwait i pay like 3,135 KC for 30kbs only per one month, how much dose it cost in prague?

i dont think i feel comfortable to use the universities dsl, cuz i like usin my labtop while watchin my tv and stuff like that...

""Why and who are you being forced by to study in the CR? ""

cuz my mother wants me to go to faculty of pharmacy, n she thinks its pretty cheap in czech

1MB is good for me, how much dose it cost for one month??

thanks again

5. nikdo

nikdo Well-Known Member

I guess Český Telecom is the biggest internet connection provider in the Czech republic. You should be able to find more information (in English) on their offer and prices on their site:

http://www.telecom.cz/domacnosti_e/index.php

Lots of households in Prague connect to the internet via cable or WiFi networks as well.