Vesley or now Wesley

Discussion in 'Looking for Ancestors' started by aerbare, Mar 5, 2005.

1. aerbare

aerbare Member

I have a friend whose father came from the Czech republic years ago & since we're visiting soon I' d like to know if there is something I could at the very least give her a picture of.....anything. I hope that they can make to the Czech Republic one day, but until then I'd like to give her more than a postcard....
    Any info would be appreciated!!!

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi aerbare,

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Are you saying that you will be traveling to the Czech Republic and would like to bring something back for your American friend who has Czech ancestry? And you'd like to specifically bring back a picture of something? If you're open to other things besides pictures, you can get some ideas for unique Czech products at www.myczechrepublic.com/basics/shopping.html#souvenirs.

Dana

3. aerbare

aerbare Member

thanks Dana....
    I guess I was more wondering if there was anything related to that name. I'm of Irish ancestryand my surname is plastered from end to the next :)
    I really appreciate the response & will definitly look that over!

4. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

The surname is "Veselý", I guess (female form "Veselá").
    It is a very common surname, meaning "merry" (adjective).
    I can't think of anything special relating the name, so you should probably get her a "general Czech" souvenir :)

5. aerbare

aerbare Member

Ok, that's what I figured :(
    Thanks soo much for getting back to me!!
    Two more days.....I can't wait!