The Czech look

Talk about Czech customs, traditions, holidays, books, and the Czech way of life.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, Dana

silverkinguk

Postby silverkinguk » 29-Mar-06 21:32

Hi,
I agree with John, Czechs in all shapes and sizes.

:)
poulsen

Postby poulsen » 10-Apr-06 23:17

My Dad's side of the family is Czech and my Mom claims he looks very Czech. He's tallish, 6'4" I would say, has black hair and very tan skin with very dark eyes. My two younger brothers took after him but their hair and eyes are dark brown rather than black. I got the darker skin but with blue eyes and light brown hair from my Mom's Danish side of the family. So when I think of what a typical Czech person looks like I just think of my Dad.
dzurisova

Postby dzurisova » 17-Apr-06 19:01

what is a general preference that Czech men have as far as women's body type.

I've found that Czech men don't like voluptuous curves but some curves. It appears that the many Czech men I've met, like women skinny. They like some curves but they can't be too big.

As opposed to most men of color who like women "thick" as my friends of color would say.

I'm 5'1" tall and I've always wieghed 100-105 lbs. I recently gained about 10 pounds and my czech husband would prefer I loose it again. My Czech friends make jokes about the weight gain. Whereas all my American friends tell me it looks healthier. My friends of color tell me I look great!

Go figure. I say please yourself and forget what they all say! :D
Bůh ti žehnej
MarianCorwin

Postby MarianCorwin » 17-Apr-06 19:16

dzurisovak wrote:
what is a general preference that Czech men have as far as women's body type.

I've found that Czech men don't like voluptuous curves but some curves. It appears that the many Czech men I've met, like women skinny. They like some curves but they can't be too big.

As opposed to most men of color who like women "thick" as my friends of color would say.

I'm 5'1" tall and I've always wieghed 100-105 lbs. I recently gained about 10 pounds and my czech husband would prefer I loose it again. My Czech friends make jokes about the weight gain. Whereas all my American friends tell me it looks healthier. My friends of color tell me I look great!

Go figure. I say please yourself and forget what they all say! :D

Amen!
Ruzete

Postby Ruzete » 24-Apr-06 3:53

My friends tell me I look very Czech, but I don't know, I think they say that just because they know I am Czech, also my best friend is part Czech and we have the same general shape of face, but she is opposite of me with blonde hair and blue eyes while I have brown hair and hazel eyes
do I? I am the middle one (the girl next to me isn't the Czech one, she's swedish)
eso

Postby eso » 24-Apr-06 10:33

Ruzete wrote:do I? I am the middle one (the girl next to me isn't the Czech one, she's swedish)

IMHO - everyone on that photo could be a Czech.
Ruzete

Postby Ruzete » 25-Apr-06 1:37

what does IMHO mean? :? So If I were to walk around Prague would anyone know the difference? no, right.
Jana

Postby Jana » 25-Apr-06 1:47

IMHO = in my humble opinion
brook

Postby brook » 25-Apr-06 19:10

what about me - don't you think I look czech? :wink:
MarianCorwin

Postby MarianCorwin » 26-Apr-06 6:53

brook wrote:what about me - don't you think I look czech? :wink:

uh...where are you? :roll: lol...ok then, here goes...do I look czech? what about Irish? because thats where my family comes from...
8) Although when I think of Irishmen, or women that is, i think of red heads with realllllly pale skin and freckles...which i am clearly not