My Czech Republic Home
Search My Czech Republic

Community Message Boards Member Login
 Guidelines   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages  Profile  Search Forums  FAQ  Help  Chat Register for free!

The Czech look
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dzurisova

PostPosted: 03-May-06 20:43  Reply with quote

Quote:
Grandpa and Grandma Mocherek were extremely devout Catholics, which may be odd for Czechs. They prayed the Rosary everyday and never missed Mass.

I don't think the majority of Czech people became atheist until the influence of Communism. Some Czechs still kept their religion but were persecuted for it. For instance, you couldn't teach at school if you were seen going to church.

Quote:
will be traveling to the Czech Republc with my mother and
sister to the City of Ceska Budeovice

Enjoy České Budějovice. My husband is from there and that is where we spend our time in the CR. Be sure to drink the original Budweiser. It's from there and according to my husband, it's the best beer there is. I personally think Americans make the best beer. My husband shakes his head thinking my crazy, but he's happy I like it when it comes time to pay. Domestic is much easier on the pocket book. Very Happy
gypzy

PostPosted: 04-May-06 4:50  Reply with quote

Kristyna wrote:
and the eyes are usually very beautiful (Hazel or green), ..........

Even though I have come to find out that my ancestors from Bohemia may/may not be multi-culti themselves; I have noticed in old black and white or redish brown photos all these people have beautiful eyes. Even the men seem to have rather long eyelashes! They all seem to have different color variations. Some of this can be attributed to old style photography. Some of them have very pale eyes while others have very dark eyes and in between. My g grandma had almost ice blue eyes w/ a gorgeous shape as did her mother and my mother, me and my grandma. Most of the family thinks that my g grandmothers eye color can be attributed to her Danish father. I don't know Rolling Eyes ! My mother and I have darker blue eyes. We all have long eyelashes. None of us need eye makeup. All the women in the family and ancestry have a nose like RavenFighter04, except grandma. Her father was German but her nose doesn't look German, maybe Danish. We all have sinus problems and allergies.

Bye 4 Now
Verbro

PostPosted: 09-Feb-16 13:32  Reply with quote

[/img] https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12540524_1243911945625893_8349403025350134067_n.jpg?oh=af7763aa10ff33fc5fe0ee93cd853f04&oe=572D1109

Where do you think i come from by appearance? A lot of people told me that i look like someone from northern europe but im not sure. What do you think? I just need to know it. (just copy the link to your browser or click to the link)
bibax

PostPosted: 03-Mar-16 13:07  Reply with quote

I should say you are of the Alpine type of the Caucasoid race, however the Nordic type is also possible.

The Alpine race is predominant in France, Switzerland, northern Italy, southern Germany (Bavaria), Austria, Bohemia, Moravia, Slovakia, ... nothing very special.

So there is a possibility you are by origin from the Czech Republic (formerly the Bohemian Kingdom, Austria-Hungary).

There are some genealogical DNA tests. Results give you information about genealogy or ancestry.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: