Poland or Germany

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by Ioseph, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Ioseph

Ioseph Member

I ll go to Dresden Germany or some place in Poland (maybe Krakow), maybe next week. Could someone tell me which place you like more?

If there is someone from Germany of Poland maybe we can make contact. I am a mexican student in Czech Republic.

2. Cezary

Cezary New Member

Dresden is nice, but I recomed you Cracow. Nicest place in that part of Poland.

3. cechofil

cechofil Well-Known Member

As Cezary said, Dresden IS nice but I believe Krakow to be fabulous. Unfortunately, my view on Krakow is not based on personal experience but purely from research I did and from others who HAVE been to both those cities. I was supposed to go there from Prague in March/April of this year but dissapointingly couldn't make it. I know someone who has been there six times already and wants to return again. Krakow would get my vote.

4. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

I vote for Krakow. Dresden was completely flattened during an air raid in WWII. Most of the city consists of ugly post-war buildings and historical replicas. Krakow's historical architecture is genuine.

5. Cezary

Cezary New Member

If you need a godd cityguide or maps od Cracov you could buy them on www.bosfor.pl

6. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

I'll second Cracow. Also, you can make a trip to Auschwitz from there - may seem a bit morbid but it's a kinda enriching experience.

7. magan

magan Well-Known Member

We have been in Auswitz. Welll worth visiting and very educational. Tour is necessary, you want to know what are you looking at. At the gate there is eatery and accommodation...just in case you want to boast on your return home that you slept in Auswitz.

For those interested in history, there is another concentration camp open to visitors. It is Terezin, short bus drive from Prague and then short walk. No need for car.