MacDonald's

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FierceKitty, May 5, 2005.

1. FierceKitty

FierceKitty Well-Known Member

I'd quite like a job setting fire to... [edited by site admin]. The only thing in favour of the damned things is that even Czech food seems quite attractive by comparison.

2. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

I wonder if you get lonely because of your rather agressive attitude to something you dont like???
    I'm not sure i'd want my kids in your class - thats a rather extreme attitude that probably comes across in your teaching.
    Ok...it aint that good for you.....but it does taste good....in moderation!
    When i was in the tourist business, Mc Donalds was the place that everyone knew had clean toilets!!!!! A haven in a strange town!!!

3. idemtidem

idemtidem Well-Known Member

FierceKitty probably didn't mean it literally. Although, I agree that McDonald's food isn't appealing at all...that is when you prefer to eat more food than chemicals.

4. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Wow.... I've been past (note: been past, not in), many McDonalds in CR and many other countries and i've yet to see anyone being forced in and made to eat it. But sometimes...I just gotta have a big Mac.......KFC is even worse...I swear as i go by i can hear them calling me..........
    But remember...moderation is the key, self control is the answer.
    But dont worry...if its really so bad it will never catch on!

I love you all...Mal

5. idemtidem

I never said anyone is being forced to eat there - just that I personally have no desire to.

Have you been to a KFC in the States? Does anybody have an answer as to why they are SO different from the ones in the CR?

6. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

I know you didnt say that....my point was that its entirely voluntary for everyone...so they must be doing something right....just not as right now as a few years back as they are in a bit of trouble at the moment!

As for KFC, the ones in CR are the same as in UK, European countries, Oz and Asian countries I have been to. A few local menu variations to apeal to the locals. In Oz our local KFC had an all you can eat buffet with salads and Chook......terrible really....
    Never eaten in one in the US of A....whats different?

Listen..... Can you hear that???

Its the colonel calling my name..........

7. idemtidem

It just seems to me that in the CR, KFC is very different...I have only been a random guest though, so it might have only been my impression. Czech KFC doesn't seem to be as fatty as the KFC I've been to here (I've only been to one cause I never wanted to go there again after that experience! ...it was that bad). They did not have the wraps and other things they offer in the CR. But again, I'm not very familiar with either one so I might be wrong.

8. FierceKitty

Aggressive? You should hear me getting started on rock music, racists, or virtually any living polititian!

9. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Oh my..... We will be moving to Brno....my kids really could end up in your class........ But if I was honest, which my first wife said i am not, you are probably a bit like me anyway.
    How do you feel about the pope??
    (just trying to build a profile - to see if i can help!!)

Mal

10. FierceKitty

lol. I think the last pope who'd have got my vote would have been Sylvester. This is unlikely to change until the one holy, indivisible, Catholic, apostolic church says a few things publicly to the world at large including the words "sorry", "fallible", "overpopulation", and "here are the keys to the library of forbidden books". I hope I'm not offending any Catholics, but I know a few who agree with me.

11. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm...I think I can help.

I suggest a large quantity of mind altering fluids accompanied by food. This is to be taken in the company of myself....purely to ensure your safety. My wife wants to know if she can come too!
    Were coming to Brno soon and the mother in law can look after the ankle bighter. He is 6.

Mal

12. davidincz

davidincz New Member

Racists and politicians OK, but you obviously need exposure to some quality rock music!

13. ursula

ursula Well-Known Member

you are talking about mc donalds. yuch. i hated that joint when i first got over here and avent changed my mnd yet!

fierce kitty i have to agree with your view on the papacy but you forgot to include the papacies view on women!
    ursula

14. TallElf

TallElf Member

Actually the McDonalds are nice (i.e. Černý Most :p ). Nothing like the typical American version.

Catholic bashing...Feminist B.S..... :lol:....some of you would be better off in Seattle or Austin.

15. FierceKitty

Someone calls himself an elf and is anti-feminist? I thought you fairies were natural allies of feminism.

16. iluvuma1

iluvuma1 Well-Known Member

McDonalds popularity here in the US has run its course and some are actually closing... When I was a kid, it was geared towards kids and appealed to parents because going there would not break the bank. Its like anything else that the novelty has worn off of.
    If you don't like it, just don't go there- is my opinion. Its impossible to correct bad taste.

17. TallElf

TallElf Member

First off, McDonalds is changing their look in the USA. Much hipper establishments are sprouting up. Secondly, McDonalds outiside the USA tend to attract a different type of customer. Most of the customers tend to be adults and teens. It seems to be mainly expats who snub the estabilshments in CZ.

Fierce...
    Nah, feminist I am not. Might explain why I get along well with most Czechs. :wink: Are you a feminist or just butch?