MacDonald's

Chitchat or discuss topics unrelated to the Czech Republic or Central & Eastern Europe.

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs, My Czech Republic

FierceKitty

MacDonald's

Postby FierceKitty » 05-May-05 11:25

I'd quite like a job setting fire to... [edited by site admin]. The only thing in favour of the damned things is that even Czech food seems quite attractive by comparison.
Anyone with a four-figure IQ and a taste for the good life, get in contact. I'm a Brno-based teacher; I enjoy the life here, but it does get rather lonely....
Malnik

Postby Malnik » 06-May-05 19:06

I wonder if you get lonely because of your rather agressive attitude to something you dont like???
I'm not sure i'd want my kids in your class - thats a rather extreme attitude that probably comes across in your teaching.
Ok...it aint that good for you.....but it does taste good....in moderation!
When i was in the tourist business, Mc Donalds was the place that everyone knew had clean toilets!!!!! A haven in a strange town!!!
idemtidem

Postby idemtidem » 06-May-05 19:41

FierceKitty probably didn't mean it literally. Although, I agree that McDonald's food isn't appealing at all...that is when you prefer to eat more food than chemicals.
Malnik

Postby Malnik » 06-May-05 20:27

Wow.... I've been past (note: been past, not in), many McDonalds in CR and many other countries and i've yet to see anyone being forced in and made to eat it. But sometimes...I just gotta have a big Mac.......KFC is even worse...I swear as i go by i can hear them calling me..........
But remember...moderation is the key, self control is the answer.
But dont worry...if its really so bad it will never catch on!

I love you all...Mal
idemtidem

Postby idemtidem » 06-May-05 20:33

I never said anyone is being forced to eat there - just that I personally have no desire to.

Have you been to a KFC in the States? Does anybody have an answer as to why they are SO different from the ones in the CR?
Malnik

Postby Malnik » 06-May-05 22:25

I know you didnt say that....my point was that its entirely voluntary for everyone...so they must be doing something right....just not as right now as a few years back as they are in a bit of trouble at the moment!

As for KFC, the ones in CR are the same as in UK, European countries, Oz and Asian countries I have been to. A few local menu variations to apeal to the locals. In Oz our local KFC had an all you can eat buffet with salads and Chook......terrible really....
Never eaten in one in the US of A....whats different?

Listen..... Can you hear that???

Its the colonel calling my name..........
Last edited by Malnik on 07-May-05 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
idemtidem

Postby idemtidem » 07-May-05 4:25

It just seems to me that in the CR, KFC is very different...I have only been a random guest though, so it might have only been my impression. Czech KFC doesn't seem to be as fatty as the KFC I've been to here (I've only been to one cause I never wanted to go there again after that experience! ...it was that bad). They did not have the wraps and other things they offer in the CR. But again, I'm not very familiar with either one so I might be wrong.
FierceKitty

Postby FierceKitty » 07-May-05 12:34

Aggressive? You should hear me getting started on rock music, racists, or virtually any living polititian!
Anyone with a four-figure IQ and a taste for the good life, get in contact. I'm a Brno-based teacher; I enjoy the life here, but it does get rather lonely....
Malnik

Postby Malnik » 07-May-05 16:59

Oh my..... We will be moving to Brno....my kids really could end up in your class........ But if I was honest, which my first wife said i am not, you are probably a bit like me anyway.
How do you feel about the pope??
(just trying to build a profile - to see if i can help!!)

Mal
FierceKitty

Postby FierceKitty » 07-May-05 20:01

lol. I think the last pope who'd have got my vote would have been Sylvester. This is unlikely to change until the one holy, indivisible, Catholic, apostolic church says a few things publicly to the world at large including the words "sorry", "fallible", "overpopulation", and "here are the keys to the library of forbidden books". I hope I'm not offending any Catholics, but I know a few who agree with me.