New MyCzechRepublic Design

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by evian, Aug 20, 2005.

1. evian

evian Well-Known Member

Well, I must start off by saying the new design is stunning, very nice indeed. The links are concise, easy-to-read with a perfect layout and nice choice of colours. I particularly like the integration of the qoutes, photo gallery and four most essential sections at the bottom of the index page. The ease of use factor for each section is fantastic, the pull down menu on the left is a great idea.

I have two suggestions (not criticisms!):

1. For first time visitors to this site, I think it would create a very proffesional impression to have the initial page as a minimalist design (with a few eye-catching photoshopped photos of Prague and the MyCR logo, which I could create for you if you chose to employ this idea), allowing them to select their language of choice and then forwarding them on to the index page.
    To give you an aesthetic idea of my suggestion, see the index of this site I visited recently:
    http://www.lancargo.com/

2. At the very top of the index page (the banner that composes of the MyCzechRepublic logo and language links), I think it would be very attractive to place a 360° moving panorama banner of Central Prague from the Vltava River. I understand this may be very difficult to obtain however. To give you a general idea of what I am talking about, look at the Macromedia Flash banner at the top of this tourism site:
    http://www.visitnorway.com/

I hope this feedback helps you. I really do like the new design you have implicated - great job!

Jason.

2. mike_jtw

mike_jtw Well-Known Member

Well, I must say the new design is brilliant, very nice indeed. The links are very concise, easy-to-read with a perfect layout. I particularly like the four most essential sections at the bottom of the index page. The ease of use factor for each section is fantastic, the pull down menu on the left is a great idea.

Like Evian I am very pleased with the new look.

Mike

3. My Czech Republic

My Czech Republic Administrator

Jason and Mike,

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you like the new design.

Jason, we appreciate your suggestions and the links you provided to example sites. We'll keep your comments in mind the next time we look at updating the design.

Jeff
    My Czech Republic