Czech subtitles for foreign movies

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & Media' started by debianita, Nov 12, 2005.

1. debianita

debianita Member

Hi
    This is my first post on this forum, even though I've been reading this website for a long time. I have a friend in the Czech Republic and I'd like to send her some movies from my country. The problem is that the original DVDs I can get, don't have czech subtitles. :( I could add the subtitles to the movie, if I had them. Until now I was told to search in several webpages, such as titulky.com,subtitles.cz and subtitles.images.o2.cz, but I wasn't lucky. I was about to abandon when I came across some pages where it says that one of the movies was shown in Czech cinemas (http://www.villagecinemas.cz/index_en.p ... 1&film=407) so I'm sure that the subtitles exist, but I can't find them. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.

2. HampshireLad

HampshireLad Active Member

Hi ! If you try play.com you can run a search on DVD subtitles and enter "czech". I got my Czech friend a couple of Christmas presents in this way. There were over 900 titles when I last looked :shock:

HTH !

Peter

3. debianita

debianita Member

Thanks for your answer!
    I've tried every site possible and the movie exists on DVD but without czech subtitles. :-( That's why I was looking just for the subtitles to add them myself, but I guess it's almost impossible to find them.
    Thanks again.

4. HampshireLad

HampshireLad Active Member

That's interesting.. how does that work then ?

5. Jirka

Jirka Well-Known Member

6. debianita

debianita Member

Thanks Jirka, but as I've said in my first post, I've already checked those sites. Thanks anyway :)

HampshireLad, there are programs that allow you to play a DVD movie and just add subtitles from an external file (check out microDVD for instance). Also there are ways of remastering a movie and add the subtitles into it, so you have it as another option while playing the movie.

Cheers.

7. subtitles2

subtitles2 New Member

it doesn't have the best search engine in the world but it does have most subtitles I could find on a subtitles site: www.allsubs.org