World Cup

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LaRusski, Jul 4, 2006.

1. LaRusski

LaRusski Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Undefeated Germany just lost to Italy in the World Cup and now they're out of the finals. :evil: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I was rooting for them all the way...I take German in school and some of my family was German. I was hoping they'd beat Italy because Italy beat the Ukraine and I was rooting for the Ukraine too.

Oh well...I hope Portugal beats France and then I hope they beat Italy in the final.

2. gigimouse

gigimouse New Member

WE'll Are THE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

3. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

I'm really pleased that Portugal were beaten. T :D hey dived, niggled and cheated. They did not play the beautiful game. :x A shame because I love the Portuguese. I think Italy deserve to win but hope it's an exciting final.

Overall I think this World Cup has been very disappointing and mediocre. Does anyone else agree? :cry:

Gigimouse. I hope you find a really good venue to watch your team. Let us all know where you end up.

4. LaRusski

LaRusski Active Member

Well, I hope Italy wins the Cup. I'm not a huge fan of France. If France wins it though, on German turf, that should prove interesting...the Germans and the French don't like each other.

I wasn't happy when the Czech Republic fell out, either. They were second best in the world. I expected them to do better...oh well :?

5. Ceit

Ceit Well-Known Member

Well, who does like the French? I'm pretty sure none of their neighbors do. :lol:

6. LaRusski

LaRusski Active Member

Ha ha! Yeah, you're right! :D No one likes France!

7. LaRusski

LaRusski Active Member

All riiiiight!!! Italy won the World Cup! :D
    Thank goodness they beat France! Still, being a Germany fan, it was tough to root for Germany's bitterest rival in soccer (that would be Italy) because the only other choice was the French :?

But Germany won the 3rd place game! Woo-hoo! Go Deutschland! :mrgreen:

8. mike_jtw

mike_jtw Well-Known Member

Well for all you football fans I was disgusted with last night's display.

It just confirms my fears that football consists of a lot of overpaid louts. :cry:

does this sort of behaviour really show our kids what is acceptable? I think not :x

I also refer to my own counties petulant youngster Wayne Rooney.

Give me a sport where we compete for the pleasure and leave the louts outside.

9. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

I agree with Mike. I'm a great football fan but i have been really disappointed with this World Cup. Unsporting behaviour, falling over and feigning injury, trying to get fellow professionals booked or sent off. I really had had enough by the end of the tournament and then Zidane's head butt (player of the tournament.... ha ha!) just finished it off for me :roll:

I'm not a huge tennis fan but watching the Federer/Nadal final showed to me what sportsmanship is all about. :)