Czechy queries

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2000.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i am planning on travelling through eastern europe this summer but all the articles and web pages ever mention is prague. i do intending on visiting prague, but don't want to spend my entire trip surrounded by hoardes of 'vacationers'. what else in the czech republic is there to see?

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Charlie, try our Inside Tips at http://www.locallingo.com/countries/czech_republic/travel/insidetips.html for some recommendations of places to go besides Prague. If you are staying in Prague, Kutna Hora is great for a day trip. Cesky Krumlov and Karlovy Vary will work well for a 2-day trip. These are just a few suggestions. There is so much to see in the Czech Republic and it is a pity that most tourists limit their stay to Prague.

3. knut

knut New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by charlie:
    i am planning on travelling through eastern europe this summer but all the articles and web pages ever mention is prague. i do intending on visiting prague, but don't want to spend my entire trip surrounded by hoardes of 'vacationers'. what else in the czech republic is there to see?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

4. BHConrad

BHConrad New Member

I second Kutna Hora (the bone room), and Cesky Krumlov. I also highly recommend Hluboka Castle (not far from C.K.) and if you're into nature, there's a place near the German border (Czech Switzerland), I can't remember the name, but it's a beautiful area.