Are you keeping New Years Resolution?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gypzy, Jan 14, 2007.

1. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

Is this just an American thing or do other cultures have New Years Resolutions. Many typical resolutions would be- lose weight, save money, get organized, clean storage closet. Hardly anybody in the states "keep" theirs throughout the year, or even really begin. Like, "I will diet after I finish this triple chocolate cheesecake drizzled with white chocolate", is a good ex.
    So, are you staying with your resolution? What is it?

2. Markcz

Markcz Member

This is the same as in England . The most common one being to lose weight as people stuff them selves over the Christmas period.

And what you said about people not sticking to it is also the same for England. :p If they do it will be for a week at most.

3. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

I always keep my New Year resolutions - just because I choose things like "I will enjoy whatever the life brings" or "I will pamper and spoil myself"!!!

4. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Good one Jana

My New Year's Resolution is the same as it is every year, and no I rarely keep it. I'm going to exercise regularly and I'm going to read my Bible daily, or even close to daily. Nope, don't ever keep it. Oh well, at least my heart is in the right place for making it! :lol: Change starts with a change of heart right! :wink:

5. SMZ

SMZ Well-Known Member

I like how Ellen Degeneres (the US comedienne/talk show host) writes her resolutions. She has one: "This year I will not go to beauty school, and she says she has kept it for years!" :lol:

So, I decided that this year I would not go skydiving. So far, so good!

:p

Susan

6. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

My new years resolution was to not leave inane and silly comments on myCzechRepublic community message boards..........

Doh!!!!!!!

:roll: