czech language courses for foreigners

Discussion in 'Language Exchange & Czech Classes' started by onur arslan, Jan 20, 2004.

1. onur arslan

onur arslan New Member

hi,
    this is Onur from istanbul-Turkey.i am very interested in learning czech but there isnt any opportunity in here.so ı will be glad if someone can inform me about the fees and the duration of the courses in prague.and also i want to know what kind of visa do i need.(tourist or student visa?)

2. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Onur,

Welcome to the boards! I studied Czech at the State Language School (now called the City of Prague Language School). You can find more information about them at http://www.sjs.cz/foreign.html. The main university in Prague, Charles University also has some Czech classes, including a summer language study program (http://www.ujop.cuni.cz/index.php?lang=en&page=kursy_cestiny_cizinci). One of our community members described her experiences in the summer program in this post.

We have a section with embassy and visa information. I'm not sure what type of visa you will need. I suggest checking with the Czech embassy in Ankara.

Jeff

Edit: 02-Feb-05 - updated links

3. onur arslan

onur arslan New Member

Hi Jeff,

thank you so much for your reply.the links you gave me really helped me to answer the questions in my mind. but i still have one question which ı couldn't find the answer on the net.is it possible to work and earn money while ı am studying at the school?what do the laws say in CR about this?

yours sincerely
    Onur

4. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Onur,

I am not sure what the laws are in the Czech Republic regarding working while studying. I think the best thing would be to e-mail some schools you're interested in and ask them about that. Maybe they know about or could help arrange an internship or part-time work.

Jeff

5. sussy

sussy Active Member

Are student visas granted to study at foreign language schools? ie: If I were to take a Czech course, would that be sufficient enough to get a student visa? Or are there special requirements such as university enrollment or a minimum number of credit hours?

6. hetch333

hetch333 Member

hi dear from Turkey i am realy interested to know what you do becouse i am also search for czech language courses in with fee

best wishes