We need more Czechs living in Czech Republic

What do you like, dislike, and what content or features would you like to see?

Moderators: Sova, gementricxs

silverkinguk

Postby silverkinguk » 07-Dec-04 22:17

Thats making sausages lol.
Klobasa!
SR :D
SR
LucieK

Postby LucieK » 07-Dec-04 23:37

Hi Silverkinguk,

thanks for explaining what I meant. I didn't realize that outside of the US where is mostly used the word Kolbasa people wouldn't understand what I wrote.

So here is the correction: klobasa in Czech, kolbasa in American English, sausage in English.

LucieK
silverkinguk

Postby silverkinguk » 08-Dec-04 1:06

Hi,
Thats fine.I like czech sausages actually the cajbasa brand is very good,devil hot!
Make sure you got enough water to drink after :) .Good with some rohliks!

SR
Halef

Postby Halef » 08-Dec-04 17:05

silverkinguk wrote:I like czech sausages actually the cajbasa brand is very good,devil hot!
Make sure you got enough water to drink after :) .Good with some rohliks!

Čabajská klobása, or shortly čabajka. It is actually a Hungarian speciality. Don't drink water, it just gets worse :) Rohlíks are good idea.
I am an atheist. Thank God.
silverkinguk

Postby silverkinguk » 08-Dec-04 17:36

Hi,
Ya thats the one yummy!
Yea rohliks! Those sausages steam up in the oven lol don't keep it in too long.Smoke everywhere thought the flat was on fire lol.

SR
iluvuma1

Postby iluvuma1 » 08-Dec-04 22:09

Question:

I've heard that horse sausage is a delicacy in the CR. Is this true? Or is it more of a east Bohemian (my fiance is from Dvur Kralove) treat?
babicka

Postby babicka » 09-Dec-04 13:06

Why not advertise this site in some of the Czech newspapers, on local radio and/or leave notices pinned up about this site in places that people frequent often like a library etc.?
Babi
uuspoiss

Postby uuspoiss » 13-Dec-04 12:06

Halef wrote:According to my sources, the averagy salary in first quarter of 2004 was 16 722 CZK, which is now something over 700 USD. A month.

According to CSU (the statistical office in CR), in Q3 of 2004 it was Kc 17,738 which should be about $US 780. Sure enough, as this is simply the statistical average, you can probably find differences in different specialities, regions etc.
magan

Postby magan » 02-Oct-05 11:57

You cannot simply compare CR average income to income in the country you are living in. You would also have to compare living expenses, i.e. rent, food, transportation and other. As this is rather difficult, information regarding average salary in CR is rather meaningful for someone who is not Czech living in CR.
magan

Postby magan » 02-Oct-05 12:00

You cannot simply compare CR average income to income in the country you are living in.

You would also have to compare living expenses, i.e. rent, food, transportation and other. As this is rather difficult, information regarding average salary in CR is rather meaningless for someone who is not Czech living in CR

.....unless it makes you feel better thinking you are making more (don't forget you have to spend more too!!).