Ahoj from Finland!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by steveb, Feb 26, 2007.

1. steveb

steveb Member

My name is Stephen and I'm an ex-pat Brit living in the south of Finland and running my own photo restoration company. And in three day's time I'll be in Prague again. This time with three genuinely Finnish friends who all work in the graphics industry. We're staying until Sunday evening - just a short and sweet visit this time.
    I've visited before, in 1979, when things were different but Prague was as beautiful and the beer was as delicious as always. I'm looking forward to seeing some changes - I hope I like them!

2. Ájík

Ájík Well-Known Member

^welcome on this board, Steveb^

3. geauxboy

geauxboy Well-Known Member

Steve, if you like beer, there is a hidden gem you must hit. Most, if not all the beers of the Czech Rep are there for the tasting and buying and consumption right there on the premises. It's not a bar, it's more of a store. It's called the Beer Gallery. No one knows if you ask them, even the locals seem a bit confused when asked. It's just east of Old Town Square on Celetna. Keep your eyes open. The only tip off is an A framed sign that tells you what the beer of the day is in chalk. It'll be on the left hand side of the street as you walk east. You then have to walk down a hallway where there are some spiral stairs to your right. Go down there and you'll see a chinese restaurant and the Beer Gallery will be to your right. It's worth the hunt.

4. steveb

steveb Member

Thanks for your welcome and the tip - we'll give it try. Of course, drinking beer isn't the main reason we're coming to Prague, but if I know my friends at all, I suspect that it may play a part! And I don't mind a jar or two, either.

5. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

vítám vás :) :)