My Czech Republic Home
Search My Czech Republic

 Community Message Boards Member Login
 Guidelines   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages  Profile  Search Forums  FAQ  Help  Chat Register for free!

Using Poppy Seed
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Food & Drink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Animal
Senior Member


Joined: 11 Nov 2006
Posts: 459
Location: The Permian Basin. Black Gold, Texas Tea

PostPosted: 30-Nov-09 4:55  Reply with quote

Just don't eat too much poppy seed. Even though they are dobrě, it will show up in a drug test. Wink I have seen that happen before.
_________________
Děkuji Na shledanou ''The Animal'' The Lord is My Shepherd. Jmenuji se Jody

Kryštof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVJBMYbIJII&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alexx
Senior Member


Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 1187
Location: Karviná & Praha, Czech Republic

PostPosted: 30-Nov-09 19:57  Reply with quote

The Animal wrote:
Just don't eat too much poppy seed. Even though they are dobrě, it will show up in a drug test. Wink I have seen that happen before.


I have seen it in Mythbusters show. Even amount like this show up on a drug test:


Imagine what would regular portion of traditional czech "nudle s mákem" (pasta with poppy seed) do Smile:


_________________
I cesta může být cíl.
The journey is the goal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
J J Janousek
Member


Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 9
Location: Palm Springs, CA USA

PostPosted: 30-Nov-09 20:14  Reply with quote

Alexx wrote:


Imagine what would regular portion of traditional czech "nudle s mákem" (pasta with poppy seed) do Smile:


Where might I find a recipe for nudle s mákem? I've never heard of it, and it looks delicious!
dekuji
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alexx
Senior Member


Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 1187
Location: Karviná & Praha, Czech Republic

PostPosted: 30-Nov-09 20:33  Reply with quote

J J Janousek wrote:
Where might I find a recipe for nudle s mákem? I've never heard of it, and it looks delicious!
dekuji


You boil any pasta, and add grinded poppy seed and sugar Smile as seen on picture above. As simple as that.
_________________
I cesta může být cíl.
The journey is the goal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jana
Senior Member


Joined: 07 Dec 1999
Posts: 1066
Location: VA, U.S.A., Olomouc, ČR

PostPosted: 30-Nov-09 21:36  Reply with quote

Quote:
You boil any pasta, and add grinded poppy seed and sugar as seen on picture above. As simple as that.


Besides poppy seed and sugar, do not forget to put some melted (unsalted) butter on your noodles (or linguini), otherwise you will choke on them Wink .
_________________
"Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Irena M
Senior Member


Joined: 22 Mar 2008
Posts: 323
Location: Palm Springs, CA

PostPosted: 01-Dec-09 1:07  Reply with quote

Poppy seed houska! I haven't had one in years....
_________________
Irena
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Alexx
Senior Member


Joined: 12 May 2007
Posts: 1187
Location: Karviná & Praha, Czech Republic

PostPosted: 01-Dec-09 6:53  Reply with quote

Irena M wrote:
Poppy seed houska! I haven't had one in years....


Hehe I just ate two of them Smile.

Jana wrote:
Besides poppy seed and sugar, do not forget to put some melted (unsalted) butter on your noodles (or linguini), otherwise you will choke on them Wink .


Sure, melted butter should be added.
_________________
I cesta může být cíl.
The journey is the goal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Petronela
Senior Member


Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Posts: 136
Location: Alabama

PostPosted: 02-Dec-09 11:58  Reply with quote

Alexx wrote:
The Animal wrote:
Just don't eat too much poppy seed. Even though they are dobrě, it will show up in a drug test. Wink I have seen that happen before.


I have seen it in Mythbusters show. Even amount like this show up on a drug test:


Imagine what would regular portion of traditional czech "nudle s mákem" (pasta with poppy seed) do Smile:



OMG Alexx
now I'm hungry
I know what I'm making this weekend lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Food & Drink All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
    RSS Help

Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 Local Lingo s.r.o.