too fattening?

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by balletchicadee, Feb 14, 2004.

1. hey! well i have a question for any people that have been to teh czech republic. is the food REALLY fattening? im going on an exchange and the czech republic is sort of hesitant to accept me. they said it was possible but they werent sure because i have high cholesterol. i take medicine for it so its not high, it just would be if i didnt take medicine. is it possible to go to the czech republic with this kind of problem and still like live? i dont have to be on a diet as long as i get a little bit of excercise. any tips would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

2. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi balletchicadee,

I lived in the Czech Republic for 4 years and go back to visit yearly. Czech food is tasty and typical meals have meat and sometimes a sauce. It can be fattening, but you are not limited to Czech food while you are there. You can choose from an ever growing assortment of international restaurants and most restaurants have vegetarian offerings. There are some health food stores and the selection of healthy food in regular grocery stores is increasing. It might take a little more of an effort to find the foods that suit you, but I think you will be fine.

You can read more about Czech food on the Czech Food & Drink page at:
    http://www.myczechrepublic.com/czech_cu ... isine.html