NHL in Prague

Discuss Czech sports and sporting activities in the Czech Republic.

Moderator: Sova

Allyna

Postby Allyna » 11-Mar-08 2:12

Thanks. I just don't want to miss it, the games in Sweden sold out pretty quickly, I hear.

If anyone finds out when they're going on sale, please share it here, thank you!
Petr_B

Postby Petr_B » 11-Mar-08 9:16

According to e.g. this article (in Czech), advance booking is supposed to start on April 10th (and end around April 20th) exclusively via Sazka terminals. Ticket price will range from 1,990 to 7,900 CZK.
Allyna

Postby Allyna » 11-Mar-08 10:46

Thanks, Petr_B. Wow, that's expensive. I know the NHL probably doesn't set the price, but it makes you wonder why they go to the trouble of playing these games in Europe to increase exposure of the game when the average person there won't be able to afford a ticket. :roll:

Does "exclusively via Sazka terminals" mean directly from the arena? I won't be able to pull that one off. Do you think there will be a way to buy online or am I likely to have to go through some kind of ticket agency?

Thanks for all the info!
Alexx

Postby Alexx » 11-Mar-08 11:05

Allyna wrote:Does "exclusively via Sazka terminals" mean directly from the arena? I won't be able to pull that one off. Do you think there will be a way to buy online or am I likely to have to go through some kind of ticket agency?

Sazka is betting company. http://www.sazka.cz/index-en.html

They have plenty of terminals everywhere, usually in newsstands.
I cesta může být cíl.
The journey is the goal.
Allyna

Postby Allyna » 11-Mar-08 12:20

DjAvatar wrote:Sazka is betting company. http://www.sazka.cz/index-en.html

They have plenty of terminals everywhere, usually in newsstands.

Ah, my bad, thanks.
Petr_B

Postby Petr_B » 11-Mar-08 12:22

I have no idea if it's possible to buy tickets on-line from abroad, you might want to check out http://www.sazkaticket.cz/.
GlennInFlorida

Postby GlennInFlorida » 11-Mar-08 12:23

I have signed up for ticket information as it becomes available with the Tampa Bay Lightning site. Their form has a space for "Country" so perhaps they will be available on-line for anyone. I agree, the prices are high - disappointed in that :(
"Life is a banquet... and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame
Sigma

Postby Sigma » 12-Mar-08 11:48

7900kc?? :roll:
GlennInFlorida

Postby GlennInFlorida » 12-Mar-08 12:08

Not only that but, the flight to Prague from here (Tampa) has gone nuts too. I usually bracket a 12 day Thursday/Tuesday trip. Because my return leg (Tuesday) is a prime time departure back to the states after the Saturday/Sunday hockey games, the round trip price is $3.358 on Delta (using the same flights I have taken before). If I leave one day earlier and return one day later (two extra days in Prague, I sure don't mind) the price is only $962. Go figure. I can still book the original dates on Orbitz for a lower fare (they pre-buy blocks of seats) but I have some Skymiles I would like to use on Delta (will save me about $500). Looks like someone is trying to make a bundle on this deal :x .
"Life is a banquet... and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame
Allyna

Postby Allyna » 12-Mar-08 12:21

Yeah, those ticket prices are almost criminal. I'm really going to have to think about it. If I was living in Europe for years with no chance to see NHL games live, that'd be different, but I'm probably going back to Canada in October. I wanted to go because I loved Prague and I've never seen the Rangers play (missed them in Edmonton this season, being here) but heck, if it gets too expensive I can stop in New York on the way home and see them there! We'll see.