My Czech Republic Home
Search My Czech Republic

Community Message Boards Member Login
 Guidelines   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages  Profile  Search Forums  FAQ  Help  Chat Register for free!

Do Czechs want to buy Levi's and old navy???
Go to page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitty46

PostPosted: 29-Jan-08 20:17  Reply with quote

Hello
My friend in the US said she saw a television show that said Czechs want to buy Levi jeans and jean jackets and also Old Navy jeans. We are going to be in Prague in April and going to the Kolbenova flea market. If this is true, she will bring some to sell. The tv show also said you can sell them on the street. Does anyone in Prague know if this is true?
Thank you
eso

PostPosted: 29-Jan-08 20:43  Reply with quote

kitty46 wrote:
Hello
My friend in the US said she saw a television show that said Czechs want to buy Levi jeans and jean jackets and also Old Navy jeans. We are going to be in Prague in April and going to the Kolbenova flea market. If this is true, she will bring some to sell. The tv show also said you can sell them on the street. Does anyone in Prague know if this is true?

You need license to sell goods with one exception. If you are selling your personal and used things, then you don't need any.

Of course, bigger amount of goods imported to EU is subject of import duty.
gementricxs

PostPosted: 29-Jan-08 20:46  Reply with quote

Can I ask you what show was it?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gementricxs

PostPosted: 29-Jan-08 20:50  Reply with quote

kitty46 wrote:
Hello
My friend in the US said she saw a television show that said Czechs want to buy Levi jeans and jean jackets and also Old Navy jeans.

I don't think that's true nowadays, you can buy Levi's everywhere. It's probably more expensive than in the US, but I don't think there's need for reselling it here.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitty46

PostPosted: 29-Jan-08 22:30  Reply with quote

Thank you all.....we weren't thinking of huge quantities. She can't remember the name of the show but it was a 2007 show on one of the travel channels here in the US. It is funny how rumors come about. We are not talking about new jeans, but used, as being desirable and people will paying big money for them.
eso

PostPosted: 29-Jan-08 22:39  Reply with quote

kitty46 wrote:
Thank you all.....we weren't thinking of huge quantities. She can't remember the name of the show but it was a 2007 show on one of the travel channels here in the US. It is funny how rumors come about. We are not talking about new jeans, but used, as being desirable and people will paying big money for them.

I don't know if they will pay "big money" for used jeans, if they can buy new from Levi Strauss & Co. Prague, but everything is possible Smile
gementricxs

PostPosted: 29-Jan-08 22:49  Reply with quote

Well let me know if remembers, it might be interesting to watch.
kitkit

PostPosted: 17-Mar-08 12:54  Reply with quote

I'd like to see that show too. There are some second hand shops in the city. You can buy Levis here, there are Levis stores everywhere. They're not that expensive compares to Diesel, Replay and other brands.

Maybe you can bring some Abercrombie & Fitch over Laughing You definitely can't find them here (maybe they're sold in those second hand shops?).

Last edited by kitkit on 18-Mar-08 9:12; edited 1 time in total
kitty46

PostPosted: 18-Mar-08 0:33  Reply with quote

I will definitely look for Abercrombie and Fitch at thrift stores and rummage sales. They are very very expensive here and my circle of friends won't pay that much. Rolling Eyes On the other hand, we have never heard of Diesel or Replay. I had already planned on doing some shopping while there. If I ever see again or find out the name of the show, I will definitely let you all know.
magan

PostPosted: 12-Apr-08 11:33  Reply with quote

You are about 20 years late with idea of selling jeans to Czechs. There are lots of them in the stores + in second-hand stores.

Makes you wonder where those travel "experts"are getting their information and then feeding it to others. Don't believe anything anybody says, before you check it our on MyCzechRepublic Laughing

I will miss you in Prague this time, have fun! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Central & Eastern Europe All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: