GlennInFlorida in Prague!

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Polednikova, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Polednikova

Polednikova Well-Known Member

That wonderful ambassador for America in general and Florida in particular, Glenn, will be in Prague in a couple of weeks and for those who may have missed the plans to mark Glenn's visit, which we have been posting on Misc (Czech-related), we will be meeting at Pivovarský klub at 7pm on Friday 20 June.

The full details are: Pivovarský klub, Křižíkova 17, Karlín, Prague 8. Tel: 222 315 777. Email: pivoklub!iol.cz www.gastroinfo.cz/pivoklub Křižíkova is behind Florenc metro, parallel with Sokolovská and PK is right opposite Karlínské divadlo.

If anyone else out there would like to join us, you would be most welcome. We have all enjoyed Glenn's positive, helpful and friendly contributions to MyCzechRepublic and it will be nice to meet him in person. I have booked a table for us but could you please let me know if you are coming so I can keep track of the numbers?

Gina aka Poledníková

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

I am SO looking forward :)

3. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Both Dana and I are coming. We're looking forward to it.

4. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful place.
    Glenn, one favor please, do not order Budweiser, or Pabst Blue Ribbon.
    That is an awful lot of beers to be testing.
    The choices would overwhelm me. Where to start?
    Call about the dress code to see if they allow flip flops.

5. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Adv needed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This should be the place, I've never been there, but Karlínské divadlo is across the street, so it probably is right:
    [​IMG]

6. Polednikova

That's the one. The photos don't do it justice, though. For those of you who know Prague, it's run by the same operation who owns Pivovarský dům, near IP Pavlova. But it's a lot smaller, less touristy and a lot nicer, I think.

7. Polednikova

Deleted because I somehow managed to send the last message twice!

8. Anna683

Anna683 Well-Known Member

I hope we'll see some pics of the get-together!

9. kibicz

kibicz Well-Known Member

snad trefím..

budu se těšit:)

10. stepan

stepan Well-Known Member

Since I cannot be there in person, I am there in spirit - no not IN the spirits - in my spirt. With the 6 hour difference, I'm thinking about it right now - hope everyone is having a great time. Have some spirit on me.

11. kibicz

kibicz Well-Known Member

back home..
    it was realy good to se others from forum, although for my english skills it would be better to be in more silent place with shorter distances between people..

THANKS to the good guy who paid for my beers:)

12. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

That is today. I wish that I could be there. Yall have fun now ya here :wink:

13. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

No :), it was yesterday. But yes, lot of fun there :), I just came back home.

14. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Hi all,

well, I am finally up after a wonderful evening in Prague - thank all of you so very much. It is still amazing to me to be able to converse with people from all over the world on this little magic screen. It is even more amazing to be able to meet those people face to face. I am still so happy I am about to pop.

I will write more later, but right now I am off to do more exploring in my favorite place in the world.

g :D :D :D

15. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

It was another nice get-together and it was exciting to meet some more forum members in person! Glenn, I hope you guys had a great day exploring Prague and that we'll get to see you again in October or whenever you make it back here! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Dana

16. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Just a follow-up

Had a wonderful trip, visited Amsterdam, Prague, and Paris - all wonderful places but my heart is still in Prague!

Will be back in late September and early October so, until then, see you all on the Boards!